February is National #Bird Feeding Month #Nature #SundayStills

Since moving to the west coast, DH and I have quickly become avid bird watchers. Being in Canada, we know how important it is to have food out for our feathered friends, but I hadn’t realized February was National Bird Feeding Month!

Check out Terri Schrandt’s interesting #blog to learn more and to participate in this week’s #SundayStills Challenge.

Here are some of the many birds we have on the island:

EF88A682-83B8-4046-947E-4ED3D1D55398_1_201_a

A5C4F657-848D-44D9-80DE-66FC29A28F14_1_201_a

2FB56574-965F-41BE-AB00-302776071868_1_201_a

877CC7B5-691B-4CB9-9C82-2011D47D4925

4BF216E7-9B77-4F49-A3BE-77E3FEC7838B

FEFCC2C8-0244-4130-84CA-B1C9B8C5528A

1. Cathy says:

A great selection of birds, Jacqui. The eagles are amazing!

1. They’re one of my favorites, too. Every fall we get hundreds of them flocking here for the salmon run. It’s quite amazing.

1. Cathy says:

It must be a sight to behold.

2. Hi Jacqui! Thanks for joining the gang at Sunday Stills and following my blog! I’m so glad you could share your bird photos today! I have yet to still capture an eagle with my lens–sigh, one of these days! Well done!

1. They’re so majestic! These two were fishing in the lagoon and seemed quite happy to pose for the fans 😊

I didn’t know February was bird month!
    Awesome photos, Jacquie. I love bird watching!

1. I didn’t either, but they deserve their own spot in the calendar 😊 what is the rarest bird you’ve seen, Mae?
      For me, it was a kingfisher- they’re beautiful!

4. Great shots, Jacquie.

5. Judi Lynn says:

I didn’t know Feb. was birdwatching month. I love feeding the birds and beasties. We put out safflowers, oilers, mixed seeds, and peanuts, and get a decent selection of birds, squirresls, and chipmunks at our feeders (along with rabbits, opposums, and raccoons at night). A retired naturalist/park manager is in our writing club and brings bird articles to read when it’s his turn. Always interesting.

1. I bet that would be interesting! I’m fascinated by the hummingbirds- they’re so fast and yet precise. They’re like darts!

6. carhicks says:

I love watching birds, although just on my walks, I am not an avid bird-watcher.

1. Yeah, we’re the same way. We don’t have fancy cameras or anything like that, but it’s nice to see how many species we can pick out 😊

7. Excellent photos and all the birds are looking so majestic and beautiful. Nice post, Jacquie.

1. Thank you, Kamal. They are rather stately 🙂

1. Welcome 😊😊😊 Jacquie

8. Beware Of The Reader says:

You have hummingbirds AND bald eagle Jacquie?? Wow

1. See? You should move here, Sophie 🙂

9. What a wonderful series of photographs Jacquie. You are blessed.

1. Thank you, Brigid! Vancouver Island truly is blessed 🙂

10. balroop2013 says:

Thanks for sharing those beautiful images Jacquie. Our feathered friends are a pleasure to watch!

1. Agreed! I wish there was an app so that when you took the photo it said what type of bird it was, lol

1. balroop2013 says:

Galloping technology would make it possible one day! 😄

I will have to leave some food out since some have made an early appearance.

1. Yes, I think the poor things need our help ❤