My Happy Place #PacificOcean #SundayStills

Sunday Stills

This week’s Sunday Stills challenge by Terri Webster Schrandt is my happy place- water! You can join Terri’s challenge and view her wonderful photos here

The first time I saw the ocean was on our anniversary almost 36! years ago, and I swore then if I ever had the chance I was going to live nearby- and here we are!

Papa and kiddo flying kites
Kayak fun
Swan on the Gorge waterway
DH with his new camera
Peace
Wish I lived here!
My brother and girlfriend here for a visit
Tide pools
Airforce patrol
Northern island
Sunset

Where is your happy place?

1. That beautiful blue–I love it.

1. Thank you, Jacqui 🙂

2. I think that would be my happy place too. I love the blue skies, the sunlight on the water… just being outside by the sea. Thanks for the smile, Jacquie. 🙂

1. Anywhere we can escape the rat race for a while is good 🙂

3. Jane Owen says:

Oh Jacquie, I wish I lived in Canada. I have a friend that lives there also and from both your pics it looks so very beautiful. I love the lake and the beach too. I would say the beach has always been my happy place watching the waves crashing back and forth. One night we camped on the beach and it was wonderful to hear the ocean and be amongst the Sea air. My parents were from Wales so we were familiar with the ocean as young children and it was always our happy place growing up. Some things never change do they. I love your pics. 💕

1. I’d love to visit Wales, Jane!

4. Cathy says:

Definitely my happy place too 💚 Gorgeous photos.

1. Nothing like a salt water breeze to destress 🙂

I lived on the prairies for the first 40 years of my life and they will always be my home. But like you, the first time I visited the Pacific coast, I swore I would live there one day. And I did live there for 25 years and loved it. When it came to finding a place to retire, it had to be by the water, so we chose the Mediterranean Sea!! Your pictures are wonderful and made me a bit homesick.

1. Thanks, Darlene. I bet the Mediterranean is fair compensation 🙂

6. The ocean never disappoints does it, Jacquie? Beautiful images of your favorite waterworld! I’m always amazed to see pine trees on the northern coastlines. So different than the beaches of San Diego where I grew up!

1. Palm trees 🌴 for you? 😊

7. These photographs are lovely, Jacquie. I also enjoy the ocean. We were supposed to go to Cape Town in April but there is always next year.

1. Something to look forward to 🙂

Beautiful pictures, Jacquie. Its been a year since I’ve been to the ocean, I’m way overdue. I love being by water, ocean, river and lakes, but I’m happy in the forest, too:)

1. Yes, the forest is a magical place. I love how the sun flirts with the trees and creates all those wonderful shadows 🙂

I want to visit!!!

1. You’re welcome anytime 🙂

10. A beautiful post Jacquie. Like you, I am happy living near water. I cannot imagine life away from the ocean.

1. Me either, Brigid. It would depress me no end to leave.

11. Ah beautiful photos! 🙌🏻

12. Anya Abraham says:

I think this would be anyone’s happy place. These pictures are so beautiful ❤

1. Thank you, Anya. It was our dream to live here for many years- I’m so grateful it came true!

1. Anya Abraham says:

That’s lovely
        God bless you 😊

13. Debby Winter says:

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, it’s almost like I’m there 😉

1. Thanks, Debby. The ocean brings peace to many 🙂

14. Good shots, Jacquie!

1. Hi Rob! How have you been? Thank you, I do love the peace of the water 🙂

1. You capture that feeling in the images, Jacquie. I’m better. I still have trouble accepting my limits, but I persevere, so I guess that’s the good news. 🙂

1. Just remember, you’re not alone {{hugs}}

1. Thanks Jacquie. It’s easy to forget after 90 days in isolation.

2. I’m sure. We were lucky enough to have a yard to escape to, not everyone does. That’s where our online friends come in 🙂

3. We’re acting as if the pandmic is over because our press never stops falling for the gaslight, and most people want the isolation to end, I’d love to think it was over. But pver 3000 people have died since yesterday.

4. I’m mis-remembering Jacquie. I forget I lose time. The death toll was 110,000 on June 5. That’s three days ago. It’s still unacceptable but I don’t want to be a source of misinformation.

5. That’s so sad. My heart hurts for all the families ❤

15. Love the pictures
    Stay well and laugh when you can