Roses are #red- #SundayStills #Photography Challenge

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is perfect for Valentine’s Day- the color RED.

You can check out all the entries on Terri Webster Schrandt’s blog here.

Red is one of my favorite colors. It’s rich and vibrant, and according to Chinese lore, a sign of good fortune.

Red Envelope Wave

I’m always fighting black rot, but the roses are so beautiful I don’t mind a few straggly leaves.

“If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I’d be picking roses for a lifetime.”

Swedish Proverb

If I had more room, I would fill it with roses!

Here are a few more images highlighting the color red.

The Lucifer Plant
Maple
Fisgard Lighthouse
The Snowbirds!

I better quit before I’m out of image room! lol

Happy Valentine’s Day!

happy valentine's day

1. I love red flowers, Jacquie. The rose is beautiful.

1. Thank you, Robbie! Hope you had a lovely Valentine’s 🙂

1. It was lovely – I didn’t work [smile]. It’s been a tough six weeks so not working on the weekend is a bonus.

1. You better try to get more downtime before you end up worn out {{hugs}}

2. Shalini says:

Wow beautiful

1. Thank you, Shalini. The bees love our yard 🙂

You have some wonderful red here, Jacquie;) I love roses and keep adding more to my garden. Hapoy Valentines Day!

1. They smell like Heaven to me 🙂

4. Gorgeous shots, Jacquie! Thanks for sharing.

5. markbierman says:

I see you have an eye for photography, in addition to your writing talents! Very nice, Jacquie. 🙂

1. Thank you, Mark 🙂 With the gorgeous flowers it’s easy!

6. My mom loved her roses and I always think of her when I see roses. Yours are quite beautiful Jacquie, black rot and all! You clearly love red! Always appreciate your participation in Sunday Stills.

1. Thank you, Terri. It’s wonderful that you always have this connection to your mom ❤

7. Your roses are absolutely beautiful, Jacqui. Thank you for sharing them with us!

1. I’m missing them with this weekend’s snowfall!

Gosh, we’re in the midst of a snowstorm and red flowers are spectacular. Thank you, Jacquie. 🌹🌹🌹

1. I saw that on the news- stay safe!

9. Marsha says:

Jacquie, you love roses as much as I do. What a lovely collection you have. The red barn calls my name, too. What is there about red that is so wonderful. I think there must be endorphins in the color red. 🙂

1. That’s the perfect way to put it- the color of love 🙂

1. Marsha says:

Roses are the universal love flower, I think. The first picture came from the Woodlake Rose Garden where I donated a lot of time and learned so much about roses. This was the section that I adopted. https://tchistorygal.net/2020/01/12/always-write-adopts-a-section-of-the-woodlake-rose-garden/ When I found out I had cancer and needed surgery some of the garden “regular bench sitters” helped take care of it for me. Now that we’ve moved, we have student volunteers who have done most of the work.

1. Lots of work, but rewarding, too ❤

1. Marsha says:

Yes, you have roses, so you know. Having 1500 of them is a little overwhelming.

I’m just now getting to see this, Jacquie. Stunning photos!

1. Thank you, Jan. I’m way behind on posts, too. Where does the time go? 🙂

11. So beautiful, Jacquie. Red is nature’s glorious gift to us. It’s lovely to look up from our screens and take notice. 🙂

1. The trick is to look down at my screen! lol

1. LOL. Yeah, for now. But spring is on its way!