#BookBlast- My Journey to a @bookBub with Twilight’s Encore #RomSuspense #Reading

Twilight’s Encore, book 3 in the Wounded Hearts series, is on #sale until September 12th!

Every month I submit one of my books to BookBub in the hopes of scoring one of their career-changing Feature ads, and usually I get a ‘sorry, we only accept a small number of stories turned in’. I can understand that, they receive thousands a day, but still, I persevered and voilà… they said yes!

It’s set to go out in their international (not USA this time) newsletter on Sept. 10th, so I hurried over to KDP to lower the price, thankfully remembering I couldn’t do a Kindle Countdown Deal as it doesn’t lower in countries outside the US, and found I had to manually lower the price for Canada and Australia to make it show up as $0.99. I admit to being paranoid about it because on my last BookBub Feature I paid for international as well as US and assumed the Kindle Countdown Deal would carry over, but it didn’t and I was out that money. Lesson learned.

Or so I thought.

A couple of days later, I receive an email from KDP saying :

Hello,
> >
> > During our review, we found that your book contains interior and/or cover
> > content that’s available from a different publisher. We need you to
> confirm
> > your publishing rights before the book is made available on Amazon.
> >
> > Twilight’s Encore: Wounded Hearts- Book 3 by Biggar, Jacquie (AUTHOR)
> >
> >
> > To publish the book(s), reply to this email and send documentation and/or
> > verification showing you hold rights to the content. Please submit any
> > documents you have, along with an explanation of any previously published
> > books within 5 days. If we do not receive the appropriate documentation,
> > the book(s) will be unavailable for sale on Amazon.
> >
> > Acceptable documentation may include:
> > • A letter from the previous publisher reverting rights back to the
> author
> > • A signed copy of the agreement between you and the author
> > • A signed copy of the agreement between the author and the previous
> > publisher
> > • A signed letter from the previous publisher indicating that they do not
> > object to your edition
> > • Documentation showing the previous publisher holds nonexclusive rights
> >
> > Examples of documentation we cannot accept include:
> > • A personal statement by you that you have the publishing rights
> > • A copyright application for which registration has not been confirmed
> > • Contracts that have not been signed by all parties
> > • Ghostwriter agreements or contracts
> > • Private Label Rights documents
> >
> > *Need help with what to send us?*
> > For more information about how to confirm your rights and frequently
> asked
> > questions (FAQs), visit Help:
> > https://kdp.amazon.com/help/topic/G200672400
> > >

Now, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate their care and attention to detail, but I was on a time constraint and really didn’t need this right now. I sent them photos of my book sitting in KDP, my ISBNs at Canada Library And Archives, and even a photo of the book files in Dropbox dating back to 2015. Their answer?

We need more time to look this over and reach a decision. We will get back to you within five business days.

This email arrived just before the Labor Day weekend. I was officially hyperventilating now. I’d stacked other promotions around the BookBub date and arranged multiple newsletter swaps with other authors- all of which were in danger of flopping. Short of begging, there was nothing I could do but wait it out and pray to the KDP gods.

Thankfully, the next day, it was straightened out and everything is a go- whew! Moral of the story; don’t wait until the last minute to prepare, it’s stressful, lol.

One man’s betrayal will seal another’s fate.

Ty Garrett fell in love with Katy Fowler from the moment they’d met. When her father’s betrayal yanks the young couple apart, Ty becomes bitter.

After a decade away, Katy returns to Tidal Falls with plans to get married in her family’s theatre. But she hadn’t expected to run into Ty Garrett, the boy she’d never forgotten.

When a series of sabotages wreak havoc on the theatre and danger threatens

Katy’s life, can Ty save her and win back her love, or is it too late for

these star-crossed lovers?

Amazon: https://amzn.com/B010HBAFZ6

International Buy Link:

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25874880-twilight-s-encore

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/twilight-s-encore-wounded-hearts-book-3-by-jacquie-biggar

And now on #Audiobooks- https://www.audible.com/pd/Twilights-Encore-Audiobook/B07P1C743G

Haven’t joined the latest craze yet? Join here and get a free book:

And check out my other #audiobooks here: https://www.audible.com/author/Jacquie-Biggar/B00MSIJQBG

Teaser

“You find that hard to believe, right?” he grumbled.

She glanced up, her mossy green eyes soft with affection. “What?”

His fingers wrapped around the steering wheel before he did what he craved. Bury his hands in that silken waterfall of hair, drag her close, and see if her neck was half as soft as the cat’s. “That anyone would want to stay with me of their own volition?”

Katy frowned. “What are you talking about? I was teasing, Ty. Don’t make this into something it’s not.”

Words to live by.

Sign up for my newsletter and get exclusive previews, book deals, giveaways, and more-

1. Annika Perry says:

Yikes! Jacquie, I could sense your stress and tension and on tenterhooks as to whether all would be sorted in time! Phew and so glad everything worked out. Huge congratulations on achieving your Book Bub special promotion – that is fantastic and you’re a fount of knowledge about publishing and promotion!

1. I’m hoping it helps another author in the same situation. Thank you, Annika!

2. Staci Troilo says:

So sorry for all the hoop-jumping, but YAY for the BookBub. I hope it’s a huge success for you.

1. Thanks, Staci. It’s so hard to get a BookBub that I was freaking out about losing it!

Oh Gosh Jacquie what a stress!!!!

1. It was! I’m glad KDP didn’t make me wait the five days, I would have cried. 😦

4. Eek! My blood pressure would have skyrocketed! I glad it all worked out for you, Jacquie.

1. I’m sure mine did, Jill. So aggravating!

1. Thanks for the share, Michael {{hugs}}

5. Congratulations, Jacqui! Very well deserved! Have a nice day, and make a garden party. xx Michael

1. Lol, great idea, Michael!

6. Carla says:

Congratulations Jacquie. Sorry about the stress and red tape and am glad you got it all sorted in time.

1. The joys of being an indie author. You have to figure this stuff out on your own!

Congratulations, Jacquie. This is wonderful news, especially after all the hurdles. All the best!! ✨🎉✨

1. KDP likes to pull my chain now and then, lol. Thank you, Gwen 🙂

8. Kymber says:

What a nightmare, but I’m glad it’s all worked out now. Congratulations! xo

1. I’m pretty sure I gained a few more gray hairs, lol

9. Glad you got it all straightened out. Congrats on the BookBub.

1. Me, too! Thanks, MIchele, BookBub ads generally do well, so here’s hoping 🙂

Whew! Jacquie I was on pins and needles just reading what you went through. I am so glad it all worked out in the end. Wishing you a fantastic BB sale–they always do wonders.
    Twilight’s Encore is yet another great entry in your Wounded Hearts Series. I really enjoyed it!

1. I was spitting nails for a while there, lol. Thanks, Mae. I’m glad it all worked out in the end 🙂

11. balroop2013 says:

OMG! Isn’t this a long published book? Just for lowering the price, you had to undergo this trauma of submitting documentation! I am glad you could cross the hoops and smile. 😊

1. Yes! I published Twilight’s Encore in 2015, and yet, this happened- err!
      I thought I’d share the way I managed to get it cleared in case anyone else goes through the same thing.

How wonderful that you finally landed a BookBub spot, Jacquie! Those are hard to get. But what a nail-biting nightmare you had to go through. Glad it ended well and best wishes with BookBub! You’ll have to give us a recap after it’s ended.

1. This is my first international only featured ad, so I’m curious how it goes. Thanks, Jan!

13. Teri Polen says:

Big congrats on the Bookbub feature, Jacquie – it pays to persevere! I was nearly hyperventilating just reading this – so glad they were quick to respond. Good luck – hope you sell a million plus!

1. Thanks, Teri. A million plus? That would be a dream come true!

14. petespringerauthor says:

I’m happy for you, but you had me sweating bullets just reading about this. I hope it’s all worth it in the end. I’ll do my part and pick up a copy.

1. I love Amazon, I truly do. Without their willingness to open doors for indie authors, we wouldn’t have the voices we’ve gained in the market.
      And I understand the need to patrol for scammers, but… I am SO glad that it worked out! lol
      Thaks for your support, Pete {{hugs}}

15. I love your storylines that give a variation of exciting sneaks and peeps.🍮🍮❤️🍮🍮🌺

1. Thank you, AOC! Hope you have a lovely weekend. We finally have rain, yay!

16. What a story! I’m not sure how I’d prove I wrote all of my stories. Something to think about. The book looks great and I love the twinkle in the guy’s eye!

1. It was irritating, to say the least. I’m hoping this post will help others who go through a similar experience.
      Thanks, Jacqui

1. I keep all the saved drafts of my books but that’s not what Amazon wants. I have copyrighted some but not all.

1. I haven’t copyrighted either. I once heard the drafts of your books are the same as copyrighting, so why waste the money?
          I did take photos of my ISBNs and the drafts dating back to 2015, maybe it made the difference- who knows? lol

17. What a nightmare, Jacquie. That happened to me once, but not connected to any time constraints! I wonder what triggers these emails… pirates? Or just glitches? Thank goodness it got straightened out quickly. I lower my prices a week prior to the BB promo, so I avoid any panic and can double check everything. I hope your sale went wonderfully. I have a (non-US) one coming up at the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

1. Yes, I lowered mine a week and a half ahead of the promo, as well- thank goodness!
      Best of luck with your sales!

18. I am very glad you got this sorted out, Jacquie. A very stressful situation.

1. It was! I gained a few more gray hairs, lol