#Autumn colors #SundayStills in the #PacificNorthwest

Autumn has arrived in the Pacific Northwest- my favorite time of the year!

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge from Terri Webster Schrandt is Signs of Autumn. You can see her wonderful photos and join in here.

The photo above is one of our maple trees. The leaves are picking up a leathery, worn look. I love the contrasting leaves.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

George Eliot

The apples are ripening, tempting us to pick them early, lol

Kiwi berries- rich in vitamins C and E and naturally low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium. They’re also an excellent source of fiber, magnesium, and potassium.

It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.

B. C. Forbes

The hydrangeas flowers have changed color to this beautiful magenta. Posted for Cee’s Flower of the Day.

Arbutus tree– Arbutus is the only native broadleaf evergreen tree in Canada. Another common name is madrone, a Spanish word for the strawberry tree, of which arbutus is a close relative. The Scottish botanist Archibald Menzies first collected specimens in 1792 and described it as the oriental strawberry tree.

What is your favorite season?

leaf flyer

Sign up for my newsletter and get exclusive previews, book deals, giveaways, and more-

1. Joan Hall says:

Beautiful photos and colors, Jacquie. Autumn is my favorite season, but it will be a little while longer before our trees start to change color. That magenta hydrangea is beautiful!

1. Do you get a rainy winter, Joan?

1. Joan Hall says:

It depends. Some are wet, others dry. It rained more than usual this summer, but it’s dry now. I’m just hoping we don’t get another Snowmageddon this year.

2. There is so much to love here, Jacquie! The Japanese maple looks amazing, love the “painted(?)” pic and the hydrangea is stunning–never have I seen one that color! And,…cutest emoji!!

1. The hydrangea starts out in the softest baby blue, then moves to sweet pink in the height of summer before taking on this lush magenta come fall. Some people like to manipulate the colors, but I prefer natural.

1. Mine started out baby blue, too, so pretty, and morphed into almost an olive green. Must be a slight difference in species or perhaps the drier conditions we had in hot, arid Sacramento.

3. Has to be autumn, Jacquie. I just wish it lasted longer…

1. Me, too. Though at least here, it is a good 2-3 months. Back home in Alberta, we had snow for Halloween more often than not.

1. Now that, I could live with!

4. Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Jacquie.

1. Thank you, Jill. Our garden is small but mighty, lol

5. Annika Perry says:

Jacquie, a wonderful celebration of autumn and all its glorious colours! The maple leaves are sublime, such a rich glow to the lush variety of colours, hydrangeas this time of year are fascinating and sometimes I wonder if not more interesting than in full bloom in the summer and wow, I love the Arbutus! So beautiful! As the week starts with the first of autumn cold rain and gusty winds here I look with longing at the stillness and harmony of your images for the season! 😀

1. We had some wicked winds last night, Annika. I find them thrilling (as long as there’s not damage!)

6. Beautiful images, Jacquie. I think spring has to be my favourite season … so much potential. Thanks for sharing 🙂

1. I think of spring as the season of hope and fall as one of reflection. Both are needed for peace of mind ❤

1. Couldn’t agree more! 🙂

Great autumn pictures and quotes. I just returned from a trip to Alberta and the fall colours are gorgeous, especially in Banff. Enjoy your west coast fall. xo

1. I’m glad you got some precious family time, Darlene {{hugs}}

8. Lovely pictures. I’m not an orange person but every autumn, that changes. It’s a gorgeous color!

1. Think of it as tangerine, ginger and honey 🙂

1. Much better than plain old orange 🙂

9. Oh I LOVE that hydrangea!! 🙂

1. Thank you, Susanne!

10. Kymber says:

Happy Autumn, Jacquie! ❤ I really loved the beautiful pictures. This is the best time of year. 😀

1. I agree, though the new birth of spring is a close second 🙂

These colors are stunning!

1. Thank you, my friend. Have a wonderful week!

12. Americaoncoffee says:

Happy new season Jacquie! Such pristine, impressive photos. Loving wishes for an awesome week! 💞💐

1. Thank you, AOC. Do you have a favorite season?

1. Americaoncoffee says:

Hi Jacquie! No, Not anymore, although my imagination gets psyched looking at seasonal photos. At one time Summer was the best, then came too much heat and mosquitos. Fall and Winter too cold, Spring provokes allergies. What’s left? Strangely, the interior of my home is my best season.

1. There’s nothing wrong with that 😊

1. Americaoncoffee says:

Cheers to you having a blessed day dear Jacquie!💞 big hugs!

13. Such lovely pictures, Jacquie. It is so interesting that you are getting ready to harvest your fruit soon and our fruit trees are just staring with tiny peaches and plums.

1. That’s cool, Robbie. So South Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere?

1. Yes, everything is in bloom and the fruit is starting to grow. I love spring. I like autumn but it brings winter and I hate winter.

14. markbierman says:

Beautiful photos!

15. Kirstin Bozich Troyer says:

I always say I don’t have a favorite season, I love something about each one. Loved your photos. I had never heard of kiwi berries but then when I was getting a food delivery box, one of the things you could choose were these and I decided to give them a try. They were really good

1. They are! We get meal delivery boxes- I’m hooked 😀