#SundayStills- In the Pink #Photography #Gardenlife

This week’s Sunday Stills photography challenge is focused on PINK. You can find out more on Terri Webster Schrandt’s blog here.

I always called the plant above my Rose of Sharon, and only just recently learned it’s actually a variety of Azalea.

Pink is one of my favorite shades in the garden, beginning with this gorgeous cherry tree in our backyard. It is generally in full bloom by my birthday mid-March 🙂

Pink isn’t just a color, it’s an attitude!

Miley Cyrus

Oriental lilies are as lovely to look at as to smell. Their heavy perfume spreads throughout the garden.

Pink has been my favorite color for a loooong time! lol

Almost all words do have color, and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone’s eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her, too.

Gladys Taber

And now, a shameless plug on my upcoming holiday romance, Love, Me.

Notice the pretty pink sweater?

Exclusive Excerpt

“Dad, do you think we could find a horse for our sleigh?”

Kyle chuckled. “Not likely, but you never know. Christmas is the time for miracles, right?”

“Right,” the kids yelled in unison.

“I bet a sleigh ride would make Cassie feel better,” Thomas said, his voice dreamy.

“A big white horse with pink ribbons in its hair,” Avery inserted.

Kyle’s lips twitched. “It’s called a mane and what if it’s a male horse?” He’d have to explain stud and mare to her when she was older—much older.

“Well, a boy horse can like pink ribbons, too. Right, Thomas? You like pink, don’t ya?”

Kyle jumped in before another disagreement could begin. “My mistake. If we ever come across a white horse willing to pull our sleigh, we’ll certainly put ribbons in his mane, okay?”

In their changing world, the kids would learn all about freedom of choice and diversity, but for today, a pink ribbon on a gelding was a good start on the road to equality.

Pink is a happy color, one of hope and positivity. What is your favorite color?

Sign up for my newsletter and get exclusive previews, book deals, giveaways, and more-

1. You nailed the prompt and best wishes for your new one. Cute photo too.

1. Thanks, John. My brother hated that suit but Grandma made both outfits for us, so we were stuck, lol

2. I have never seen an unhappy pink. Great choice!

3. Cathy says:

Lovely pinks 💖

1. Thank you, Cathy. Pink is such a girly color (which I am not! lol), but it’s beautiful in the garden.

1. Cathy says:

It definitely is 🙂

4. Gorgeous pink florals, Jacquie! Yep, that is an azalea–they were all over Sacramento! You look adorable in that pic, and good in pink. My mom used to dress me in hot pink which clashed horribly with my bright red hair and freckles. I am delighted you plugged your new book! That’s the creative side of Sunday Stills! Have a wonderfully pink week!

1. See, I’m smiling just reading this, Terri 🙂 I bet you were cute as a kiddo!

5. Beautiful! Well done, Jacquie!

1. Thank you, Jill 🙂

6. Kymber says:

Pink is my favorite color. I love all your pictures, and the excerpt for your book is amazing!! I’m looking forward to reading it. xo

1. Thank you, my friend 🙂

1. Kymber says:

I pre-ordered it. I can’t wait for it to drop! 😀

7. Toni Pike says:

Gorgeous pink pics, Jacquie – and that lovely shot of you, so precious. Toni x

These are so pretty! And I love how you added your own picture 🤣

Stunning photos, Jacquie! The Azalea bush leaps off the screen! And pink is such a happy color!

1. Thank you, Saania 😊

Gorgeous shots! I’m a fan of pink too 🙂 I look forward to holiday reading and your release, Jacquie.

11. I love pink flowers also, Jacquie! When it comes to clothing, I like to choose darker or lighter pink but not pink, pink! My first ten rose bushes are all pink. The hibiscus, geranium, and other flowers are pink. I love that you highlighted the word pink from your excerpt!!!

1. Pink roses are lovely! Thanks for noticing the highlighting effort. It was supposed to be pink font but you know WordPress, lol

1. WordPress is hopeless, Jacquie! You can’t just highlight one word with different color. It highlight the entire line for you! I don’t like the block editor, but I’m too far away from classic and I don’t remember how to do certain things in classic.

1. Need to break out the sharpies, lol

1. Haha, I have all sizes and colors. 💞

12. Lovely pictures, Jacquie. I also love pink although it is second to my love of yellow. Your new book looks like a wonderful Christmas holiday read.

1. I love yellow, too. My mums are in bloom now, butter yellow and so pretty

13. Kirstin Bozich Troyer says:

Pretty photos and your books sounds like a good holiday read!

1. Thank you, Kirstin!