Have you ever watched a worker bee as she goes about her business collecting pollen to take back to her hive? Worker bees are responsible for everything from feeding the larvae (the baby bees), to tending to the queen, to cleaning the hive, to collecting food, to guarding the colony, to building honeycomb.
And oh yeah, pollinating our food supply so that we can survive.
That’s a pretty tall order for such a small insect. Yet she goes about her job without complaint, doing the best she can to care for her family.
Pretty impressive by anyone’s standards.
Recently, I was offered the opportunity to take part in a multi-author boxed set with a group of bestselling writers. They said that they thought of me because I often shared their posts and supported them by commenting on their blogs.
What goes around, comes around.
The world of a writer is filled with pitfalls and if you’re not careful you can easily become a casualty of the thousands of books being published each and every week.
I think boxed sets are a way to beat this anonymity.
Just like the worker bee moving from stem to stem gathering nectar for the success of his colony, being in a set like this opens the doors of opportunity.
Because much as we write for the love of it, we also secretly seek recognition for our work.
I’ve made great new friends in this collaboration and learned a lot from their expertise along the way.
- Expect to spend some serious money. Facebook and Google ads are costly but effective.
- Everyone has to chip in to make it work. We’re all in this together.
- Be organized. Luckily, we have a great leader who is keeping us on point!
- Beta readers. Each of us are asked to provide at least ten reviews prior to release day.
- Delegate. We are asked to sign up for teams and to keep the ball rolling we give weekly updates on our progress.
- Be committed. If you can’t fully commit to making the set a success, don’t do it. No one likes someone who can’t pull their weight.
- Blog. Sign up to promote the set on as many blogs as possible.
- Facebook party. As we’ve mentioned before-invaluable for connecting to readers.
- Get set up on Goodreads as soon as possible. You need a place for those incoming reviews!
- Enjoy the excitement! Most importantly, have fun with it 🙂
It all comes down to putting your best foot forward.
Check out the cover of Summer Heat, on pre-order March 9/16 and available May 24/16
I’m bookending Caridad Pineiro, squee!! Total fan-girl moment 🙂
Seriously though, everyone in this set is amazingly kind, generous, and a pleasure to work with!
This set contains the latest in my Wounded Hearts series, Summer Lovin’
Mitch Taylor and Rebecca Sorenson share a secret.
Rebecca’s job as secretary of Cascade Elementary, the same school she attended as a child, is rewarding. She has a great group of friends, many of whom are married now. And if sometimes she wished it were her up there in that sparkling white dress…
Except, wait—she did get to wear bridal white. Granted, it was a slinky party dress and the justice of the peace was Elvis in a gold lame jacket, but still, the deed was done.
She’d tied the knot.
Mitch Taylor doesn’t do regrets. It would be a waste of energy bemoaning the mistakes he’d made in his life. The end of his promising football career taught him nothing in life was a guarantee.
What were the chances two people from the same po-dunk town in Washington would end up together in a nightclub in Las Vegas? A few too many drinks later, a hasty ceremony performed by the king of rock ‘n’ roll, and they’d been hitched. The night that followed lived on in his dreams, but when he’d woken the next morning she was gone.
Can these two mismatched lovers find a way past their mistakes, or will they keep their lonely hearts forever guarded?
We’re having a Party to celebrate! Join us March 9/16 at 12pm EST
You’ll learn more about the books, meet the authors, play games, and enter for a chance at a Kindle filled with our books!
Add us to your TBR list on Goodreads