Last year, The Authors’ Billboard put together a holiday box set based on the theme Love, Christmas- Put a song in your heart.
Each title from 20 NY Times, USA Today, and national best-selling author was inspired by a Christmas carol guaranteed to lift your spirits and bring on the holiday cheer.
This year we’re back with a whole new Love, Christmas collection, bigger and better than ever!
Love, Christmas – Movies You Love
(The Holiday Series Book 2)
ONLY $0.99 for 25 BRAND NEW Stories
Never Before Published Holiday Romances
Pre Order Your Copy Today
Sprinkle a little Christmas magic into your life with 25 ALL-NEW, never before released romances. Each title – exclusive to this set – is inspired by a favorite holiday movie, spun into a fantastic love story by a NY Times, USA Today, and/or award-winning, bestselling author and delivered to you in this wonderful collection full of cheer for the coming season.
Stephanie Queen – Holiday Affair – Melissa goes from riches to rags but will she find gold in a holiday affair?
ONLY $0.99 for 25 BRAND NEW Stories
Never Before Published Holiday Romances
Pre Order Your Copy Today
The Christmas Movie (Box Collection) Contest
- Twenty-five winners will have their favorite movie chosen as the title. (Slight changes due to copyrights may be made.)
- That particular story will be dedicated to the winner.
- The winners will receive a free copy of the ebook or a free copy of whichever book you choose from your author’s backlist..
SWEET AND SASSY BRIDES
by Mimi Barbour, Jacquie Biggar, Alicia Street, Dani Haviland, Stephanie Queen, Stacy Eaton, Rachelle Ayala, Katy Walters, and Aileen Fish
About the JABBIC
The JABBIC was introduced in 2005 by the Houston Bay Area chapter of the Romance Writers of America. Judged by independent bookstores around the world, it remains the premier cover contest in the romance writing community.
In addition, the Readers’ Choice judging offers authors and artists the opportunity to get their work in front of thousands of eager fans.
This is a great contest. The winner is featured in the Romance Writers of America magazine, with an outreach of thousands and retains a place on the contest’s website for life. I was lucky enough to win in 2015 with The Sheriff Meets His Match.
Both of these are Kim Killion covers. I highly recommend her, she’s fast, professional, and a dream to work with!
I would deeply appreciate your support in voting for Tempted by Mr. Wrong. It’s about 3/4 of the way down the page, and don’t forget to check out some of the other amazing covers while you’re there!
How about you? Do you enter writing or cover contests? Let me know and I’ll be happy to reciprocate your support 🙂
Review & Excerpt Tour for DEAL BREAKER by Tara Leigh
Three cheers for the release of Tara Leigh’s DEAL BREAKER! Follow the tour as we share reviews, excerpts and get readers take on the swoon-worthy Nash Knight! Plus enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card and three runner-up’s will win a digital copy of book one in the Billionaire Bosses series, PENTHOUSE PLAYER.
Nash is Wall Street, Nixie is Williamsburg. In DEAL BREAKER, the next standalone installment of Tara Leigh’s Billionaire Bosses series, these two opposites definitely attract. When lust becomes love, will their untamed emotions be a deal breaker? Fans of Keeland and Ward’s STUCK UP SUIT and Lauren Blakely’s MOST VALUABLE PLAYBOY will devour this smart and steamy marriage of convenience romance.
Title: Deal Breaker
Author: Tara Leigh
Release Date: November 14, 2017
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press, SWERVE
Series: Billionaire Bosses #2
Nixie Rowland is having a bad day. Rushing home to drown her sorrows in ice cream and reality television, she decides to take a shortcut to the subway where things take a turn for the worst. But Nixie’s bad luck doesn’t end there—the white knight who comes to her rescue is none other than the Dark Knight of Wall Street, a cocky Manhattan mogul whose ego barely fits inside his penthouse. To her horror, Nixie discovers the sizzling attraction between them is off the charts, and rising fast. Spending the night in his bed does nothing to lower the heat… And everything to set her heart on fire.
Nash Knight doesn’t have room in his life, or his heart, for anything beyond one-night stands or casual flings. And he certainly doesn’t make a habit of rescuing damsels in distress. Except that this particular damsel slips beneath his armor, the vulnerability she covers with a false show of bravado hitting him somewhere deep. Nixie is everything he never wanted… And exactly what he needs.
With Nixie on the run from a controlling ex, and Nash trying to salvage a business deal at risk because his conquests in the bedroom are overshadowing his wins in the boardroom, there’s one simple solution for them both: a marriage in name only. But when lust becomes love, will their untamed emotions be a deal breaker?
More about the Billionaire Bosses series:
This series offers a passionate peek into the tumultuous world of New York’s most beautiful bankers. Stocks and bonds aren’t the only commodities traded on Wall Street. Money, power, prestige, sex—they’re all available to the highest bidder. Each book in the series will feature sexy scions of Manhattan moguls struggling to find love and success on their own terms.
DEAL BREAKER Excerpt
Copyright © 2017 Tara Leigh
“Do you need help?”
“No,” I grumbled, struggling to free my hands so I could button the damn thing. But it was no use. After a minute of trying, I gave up, defeated by the swath of starched cotton engulfing my fingertips. So much for pushing through the pain. I sighed. “Yes.”
“What was that? I couldn’t hear you.”
I looked up, getting lost in mischievous eyes that had to be evidence of a snarky leprechaun residing somewhere inside his brawny exterior. “Yes.” I swallowed. “Please.”
He gave a satisfied nod and folded the cuffs back, several times, until I could see my wrists. Pulling the two sides together, he blew out a sigh and began fastening the buttons. “This isn’t as much fun as the other way around.” I held my breath as his hands hovered over my breasts, the sight of his long, nimble fingers throwing my stomach into somersaults. Once he’d finished, he stepped away and jerked his head to the right. “The bathroom is just down there.”
“’Kay.” If I could have given my bladder to him, I would have. With the painkiller slipping through my bloodstream, I pushed my legs out from under the covers and slowly scooted myself toward the edge of the mattress.
He stood back a respectful distance as I hoisted myself upright, but was at my side the instant I swayed on my feet. “I gotcha.”
One muscled arm wrapped around me, hugging me into his side. I barely reached his shoulder. “I should probably know your name.”
“You’re right, you should.”
I blinked. “And?”
“Oh, was that you actually asking my name? I couldn’t tell.”
A flush started at my chest and rose above the stiff white collar of his shirt. Was I getting etiquette lessons now? “Well then, Sam it is.”
He sighed. “Nash. My name’s Nash.”
“Nice to meet you, Nash.”
“Good to meet you too, Nixie.” I wanted to laugh at the absurdity of our conversation. I was wearing his shirt, leaning on his arm as he walked me to the bathroom. On paper, we sounded like a geriatric couple. Until I realized what he’d said and stopped moving forward, my feet suddenly rooted to the ground. “How do you know my name?”
He didn’t have the grace to look chagrined in the slightest. “Because that’s what it said on your student ID.”
“You rifled through my clothes?”
“No, I did not rifle. I emptied your pockets before throwing your jeans in the wash. It’s been a while since I’ve done my own laundry, but I remember that much.”
My mind caught on the sliver of information Nash had let slip. Who did his laundry? A girlfriend? Wife? None of your business, Nixie. “So what, did you do a Google search on me, too?”
This time, a tiny flicker of guilt crossed his too-damn-handsome-for-words face. “Oh my god—you did!” I turned slightly, so that I was facing him.
Nash’s jaw clenched as he stared down at me, sending a shiver down my spine. “I did.” I swayed within his embrace at the gritty tone of his voice. The tips of my breasts brushed against his shirt, and they puckered immediately. Of course he noticed, the corner of his mouth pulling upward. Damn the man. “Want to know what I found?”
The breath punched from my lungs. What did he find? I’d worked so hard to cover my tracks. My mind raced. If all it took was one Google search to—
“Nothing. I found nothing.”
I sagged in relief. Thank god. “Exactly. It was a waste of your time.”
His eyes narrowed. “No, I don’t think so.”
Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card + (3) Digital Copies of PENTHOUSE PLAYER
About Tara Leigh:
Tara Leigh attended Washington University in St. Louis and Columbia Business School in New York, and worked on Wall Street and Main Street before “retiring” to become a wife and mother. When the people in her head became just as real as the people in her life, she decided to put their stories on paper. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children and fur-baby, Pixie.
I’ve teamed up with over 100 fantastic mysteries and thrillers authors to give away a huge collection of novels, alongside 12 bookstore gift cards, PLUS a Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet to the Grand Prize winner!
You can win my novel Missing: The Lady Said No, plus books from authors like Gemma Halliday and Adrianne Giordano.
Enter the giveaway by clicking here: bit.ly/cozy-mys-azbb-may17
Good luck, and enjoy!
(30) Winners of Individual eBooks (randomly selected titles)
Giveaways are so much fun!
I’ve teemed up with the writers from Authors’ Billboard to bring you this amazing opportunity- 30+ e-books!
Something for every kind of romance lover 🙂
My contribution is from my latest release, The Beast Within: Book 2 of the Mended Souls series.
You can check out an exclusive excerpt below:
Julie pulled into the paved driveway and parked in front of the single car garage just as the school bus stopped down the street and let off a rag-tag bunch of laughing, talking kids. All except her boys, last to step down from the vehicle. They barely glanced up from their inspection of the sidewalk when the doors slid closed and the bus signaled away from the curb.
She sighed and waited while they trudged the half block to their front gate. There were no waves or yelled plans to join the other kids in a game of street hockey after their dinner. No suggestions of an impromptu basketball match using the hoop above the garage door, or a bike ride to the nearby park. Nothing at all. In fact, Dustin looked like he had another of his perpetual mad-ons happening, with hunched shoulders and downcast expression. Meanwhile, Freddie tagged along behind, casting envious glances at the neighbor boy running down the street toward the others setting up for the hockey game.
“Why can’t we, Dusty?” Freddie tugged on his older brother’s jacket, barely slowing him down. “I want to play.”
Dustin stopped short, glaring at the laughing kids down the block. “They’re a big bunch of dummies.” He kicked at a stray pebble, sending it skittering down the walk.
Julie hiked her satchel higher on her shoulder and closed the car door. Dustin glanced her way, then trudged into the house without a word.
Julie’s welcoming smile flat-lined, her son’s continuing anger creating a hard ball of tension in her gut. She’d taken him to counselling after his father’s death, but it hadn’t done much to alleviate the guilt he carried. He felt the accident was his fault and nothing Julie could say would change his mind.
“Mom, can I go play?” Freddie giggled as the neighbor’s dog dropped a beat up ball glove at his feet.
She forced a cheerful expression and held out her arms. “Do I get a cuddle first?”
Young enough not to care who might be watching, he ran into her embrace, his chubby arms wrapping her waist in a bear hug. She held on a moment too long, reluctant to give up the scent of bubblegum and sun that clung to his soft skin.
“Mom, you’re squeezing me to death,” he laughed into her chest.
She gave one last clench, half teasing, half desperation, and let him go. “Be back in an hour, and watch out for traffic.”
“Okay, love you, Mom,” he said, grabbing the glove and heading for the street, his attention already half a block away.
“Love you, son,” she answered, and he was gone. Leaving her alone. Deflated.
She turned for the house, coming to a halt when she noticed Dustin standing on the other side of the screen. There was that knot again. Much as she loved her eldest son, Julie hated the undercurrents that ran between them like a tide of noxious gas. He’d been daddy’s boy, had followed Mike wherever he went, questions flying a-mile-a-minute. They’d often joked that the only time Dusty was quiet was when he was asleep.
She missed her husband every day.
For more click on the link above to enter the contest, or if you’re in a hurry 🙂
You can buy a copy here: Amazon
Toby Neal & Emily Kimelman
(Scorch Series, #1)
Publication date: January 2017
Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller
For fans of romance thriller suspense and family romance series, comes a new romantic action adventure!
One of five brothers and a sister, JT Luciano is a widowed environmental biologist with a touch of the Sight who is preparing for an apocalyptic event he knows is coming. Holed up at his military survival camp named the Haven, prepared for his family, JT is ready for whatever might come… except for one woman.
Elizabeth Johnson, virologist and Senator’s daughter, is carrying precious cells for a vaccine against the swiftly-evolving, deadly flu that’s sweeping the nation. Her plane crashes in JT’s potato field—and she must convince him to leave his safe haven and help her get to Washington, DC.
One by one, the structures of society implode in the face of the flu’s devastation as JT and Elizabeth travel a scorching road cross country. Danger brings them together to find one good, true thing in a changing world.
Help Pick The Cover Design for the first book in the new “Scorch Romantic Thriller Series” by bestselling authors Toby Neal and Emily Kimelman!
From Toby & Emily:
We are dying to hear your thoughts! We love both these covers but want to know what YOU think. Which one just screams “Romantic Thriller”?
To show our gratitude for sharing your opinion with us we are offering everyone who votes a free copy of the first book in this smoking hot new series, “Scorch Road.”
We can’t wait to see what you think!
Kirkus Reviews calls Neal’s writing, “persistently riveting. Masterly.”
Award-winning, USA Today bestselling social worker turned author Toby Neal grew up on the island of Kaua`i in Hawaii. Neal is a mental health therapist, a career that has informed the depth and complexity of the characters in her stories. Neal’s police procedurals, starring multicultural detective Lei Texeira, explore the crimes and issues of Hawaii, and are so popular that they’ve spawned a licensed fan fiction world on Amazon.
Neal focuses on mystery but also writes romance, YA, and memoir.
Receive one of her books, full-length, award-winning Torch Ginger, by signing up for her email list at http://tobyneal.net/
Emily Kimelman is the author of eight mysteries in her best selling Sydney Rye Series about a brave female protagonist and her giant dog, Blue. Emily also writes dystopian, paranormal romances under the name E.J. Kimelman. A traveler, mother and all around bad ass chick, Emily is always happy to hear from readers. Connect with her on Twitter @ejkimelman, Facebook, and at her website http://www.emilykimelman.com. Visit Emily’s website and sign up for her Readers’ Group to receive four FREE ebooks including the first book in her Sydney Rye Series, UNLEASHED. You’ll also get special offers, new release announcements and more.
Lex and Desiree must fast their pasts and their fears.
Out Jan 17th – Divine Awakening, the final book in the Urban Fantasy Paranormal Romance series, The Divinities.
Title: Divine Awakening
Series: The Divinities #4
Author: Lia Davis
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Release Date: January 17, 2017
A mother’s love is her greatest power.
Divinity witch, Desiree Sanders has made a lot of bad choices in her life, but trusting the demoness, Samoan should earn her the award for traitor of the millennium. After several failed attempts to set things right, Desiree turns to the dark, sexy Death Demon, Lex for help saving her son and ending the war.
There’s no darker place than the soul of a demon.
Divinity guardian, Alexander, AKA Lex, has hardened his heart and locked away emotions following the betrayal of his mate over three hundred years ago. Until he meets the quiet and beautiful Desiree, and the walls around his heart start to crumble. When she calls him for help, broken and scared, he can’t deny her, and the urge to claim her for his own becomes an overwhelming need.
Trapped in the Underworld as the war between witches and demons escalates, Lex and Desiree must face their pasts and their fears—and open their hearts—if they are to find a way out. Meanwhile, the Divinities in the natural world prepare for a battle that is no longer just dark versus light. If lost, it could mean the end of life as they know it.
Free on Kindle Unlimited!
“They’re here,” Lex said with a growl as he, Desiree, Zach, and Lydia crept along the dark corridors of Khan’s castle. The smell of sulfur and dirt tingled his nose. Even though Lex had a home in the Underworld, he didn’t spend much time there. Not since Khan had taken over, anyway. “The hounds are separated and masked with a spell.”
His keen sense of dark magic came from his Death Demon half and his connection to Hecate—Goddess of Witchcraft. Khan may believe he’d hidden Teddy-Bear, but not from everyone. The fool bastard.
Lex fisted his hands. It took every fiber of his being to hold onto his control. The hounds couldn’t survive spit apart for much longer. As Siamese twins, their magic and souls were linked. They were growing weaker by the moment.
Reaching out to mind link with the hounds, he found Teddy first in a room a few feet away. Then he heard the faint thump, thump of the hellhound’s heartbeat.
“He’s alive. Thank the goddess.” We’re coming, buddy.
A low growl from Lydia at his back told him she wasn’t pleased with the hounds being apart. “Do you know where they are?”
With a short nod, he advanced down a hallway in quick strides. He uncurled his magic, letting it flow wildly within and waited for an attack. Lydia, Zach, and Desiree followed, having to fall into a light jog to keep up with him.
“Things are too quiet.” Zach spoke in a hushed tone; concern and fear of what was ahead of them drifted from him. Dark, elfin magic rose within the male and reached out to Lex’s senses.
Yeah, things were too quiet.
Stopping a few feet down the hall, Lex stopped and faced them. He flicked a hard stare to the door they had stopped a few feet from. Cold, lethal power rose in his veins. The hounds were his family—what little he had left—and he’d be damned if Khan got away with harming them. “Teddy is in there. Zach and Lydia, you get him. Desiree and I will get Bear. We’ll meet at the Divinity House.”
The reason for not busting down the door and freeing Teddy was that Bear’s heartbeat sounded stronger. Teddy would need Lydia’s healing touch. Lex figured it’d be quicker to rush down the hall and collect Bear while Lydia healed Teddy.
When they reached the door, Lex didn’t bother to check the lock. He just plowed through the thick wood, tearing the thing off its hinges. The room was empty except for a large cage in the center with Bear standing in it, teeth bared.
The hound met Lex’s gaze and snarled, “The place is going to blow.”
More books from The Divinities
Available at: Amazon
Free on Kindle Unlimited
Available at: Amazon
Fee on Kindle Unlimited
In 2008, Lia Davis ventured into the world of writing and publishing and never looked back. She has published more than twenty books, including the bestselling A Tiger’s Claim, book one in her fan favorite Ashwood Falls series. Her novels feature compassionate yet strong alpha heroes who know how to please their women and her leading ladies are each strong in their own way. No matter what obstacle she throws at them, they come out better in the end.
While writing was initially a way escape from real world drama, Lia now makes her living creating worlds filled with magic, mystery, romance, and adventure so that others can leave real life behind for a few hours at a time.
Lia’s favorite things are spending time with family, traveling, reading, writing, chocolate, coffee, nature and hanging out with her kitties. She and her family live in Northeast Florida battling hurricanes and very humid summers, but it’s her home and she loves it! Sign up for her newsletter, become a member of her fan club, and follow her on Twitter @NovelsByLia.
Love is Magical by Lia Davis
The heroine’s heart beats a little faster as the hero enters the room. The feeling intensifies when he prowls towards her, his gaze locked with hers. The air grows thick and everything around them disappears. Than all plans of their ten year anniversary are forgotten and they slip away from their guest for “private” time.
Magic of love is that spark, the instant attraction between a couple. It draws them together. Sometimes the magic is there from the moment they meet. Sometimes it takes time to make an appearance. The hero and heroine will mostly likely deny that it’s even there until it grows to the point of intense need that seems to never die down.
It is why I love romance so much. I love the journey the couple goes through, the conflict and struggle to be together. And then the happily ever after. It a chance to show readers love can be magical.
Follow the tour and enter to #win the complete Divinities series!
Angel’s Guilty Pleasures – Guest Post
Carol Kittie Reviews – Review
Jen’s Reading Obsession – Spotlight
Lisa’s Loves(Books of Course) – Guest Post
Nikkis book nook – Review
Rainne’s Ramblings – Spotlight
Wonderful World of Books – Spotlight
Becky on Books – Spotlight
It’s All About the Romance – Guest Post
Kimmie Sue’s Book Review – Review
OMGReads – Spotlight
RoloPoloBookBlog – Spotlight
Just Us Book Blog – Spotlight
Evermore Books – Guest Post
Kristina’s Books & More – Spotlight
Enter to #win the complete Divinities series
Today, I have a fun surprise I’d like to share with you.
To celebrate the fall, I’ve teamed up with more than 55 fantastic romantic suspense authors to give away a huge collection of novels, PLUS a Kindle Fire to one lucky winner!
You can win my novel, Twilight’s Encore, plus books from authors like Toni Anderson and Sarah Andre.
Enter the giveaway by clicking here: http://bit.ly/fall-suspense
“You find that hard to believe, right?” he grumbled.
She glanced up, her mossy green eyes soft with affection. “What?”
His fingers wrapped around the steering wheel before he did what he craved. Bury his hands in that silken waterfall of hair, drag her close, and see if her neck was half as soft as the cat’s.
“That anyone would want to stay with me of their own volition?”
Katy frowned. “What are you talking about? I was teasing, Ty. Don’t make this into something it’s not.”
Words to live by.
Good luck, and enjoy!
High-Sided: An Armed & Dangerous Novel
(Armed & Dangerous #3)
Publication date: October 4th 2016
Genres: Adult, Romance, Suspense
Wild, reckless, and fast.
That’s how I raced until a fatal accident on the track ruined my riding career. I had no choice but to leave that life behind; at least, until now. My name is Logan Chandler, one of the best FBI agents in the country. When an old friend calls for help and winds up dead, I take matters into my own hands. In order to do that, I have to go back to my past, back to the racetrack and to the one girl I never thought I’d see again . . . Kassidy Bennett.
She’s the key to solving it all, but bringing her in could put her in grave danger. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize she was already there. To save her, I have to put everything on the line. It’s a race against time, a race to the death, and only one will make it to the end.
“Kassidy, I know you’re in there. Please open the door.” There was a sheer curtain over the glass panes and if I moved across the room he’d see me. All I could hear was the thumping of my heart. “Kassidy, please. I need to talk to you. I’m not leaving until I do. You know I won’t.”
“Shit,” I hissed low. He was right. If anyone had the patience to sit around for hours, it was him. He’d done the same thing to me years ago when I told him I wouldn’t go on a date with him. He stayed on my porch for hours and slept on the swing. At the time, I loved his persistence. I wanted to go on a date with him, but I was curious to see how far he’d go.
Knowing he wouldn’t leave unless I made him, I thrust the door open, embracing the anger I felt welling in my chest. I needed it to get rid of him. Logan stepped back and I held my breath, taking in the desperate look in his eyes. For a second, I could feel my resolve slip, but then I remembered the hurtful words he said to me in the hospital.
“There’s nothing to say, Logan. If you want to say you’re sorry, then say the words and get the hell out of here. Other than that, I have no desire to see or talk to you.”
He looked straight into my eyes. “Saying I’m sorry doesn’t even begin to cover it, but I am. I am so fucking sorry for what I did.”
“Great, you said it. We’re done here. Goodbye Logan.” I slammed the door on him and locked it.
“Don’t call me that!” I shouted, slamming my hand against the door.
He moved closer to the door and I stepped back. “I know you’re pissed at me, but I need you to hear me out. I’ll stay out here the whole night if I have to.”
“Not if I call the police.”
“They’re not gonna be able to do anything to me. At least, not before I get in there myself.” The doorknob wiggled and I gasped.
“What are you doing? You can’t come in here,” I growled.
“Yes, I can, and I will. If it’s the only way to make you listen I don’t care what I have to do.” He fumbled with the doorknob again and I choked, stumbling back into one of my bar stools. I had no doubt he could get in my house, but I wasn’t going to be in it when he did. Grabbing my phone, I jammed it into my back pocket and raced to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I had to get out of there fast.
I changed into a pair of jeans and fetched my black leather jacket out of my closet so I could put it on. My motorcycle and helmet were in my garage but all I had to do was climb out my window to get to them. “Kassie!” Logan called out. The front door slammed shut and I sucked in a breath; it was time.
Opening my window, I carefully slipped out. Logan knocked on my bedroom door and tried my handle. “Kassidy, please come out. I don’t want to do this.”
As soon as I was out the window, I raced to my garage. Slamming my helmet on my head, I jumped on my bike and turned the key. The engine roared to life as I revved it and I sped out of the garage as fast as I could. Logan had no idea I could ride, but I wished I could see the look on his face when he saw me. All I knew was that I had to get away from him, and fast.
Once out of the driveway, I took a left turn, clearly realizing the lapse in judgment. It was the road I’d avoided ever since Levi died on it. “Dammit,” I cried. My eyes started to water and there was no way I could wipe the tears away with my helmet on and going down the road. The sound of Logan’s bike drew close behind and I panicked. What was I going to do?
He gained up to me, clearly not stopping unless I did. More tears fell down my cheeks; especially when I arrived at the spot where Levi was ran off the road. I pulled over and shut off my bike, ripping off my jacket so I could breathe. Logan parked beside me, but I jumped off my bike and walked away from him to the dented guardrail. I took off my helmet and stared at the rubber markings on the metal. My fingers traced the tire marks and I broke down, falling to my knees. My heart felt as if it’d been ripped out my chest.
Logan’s hands closed over my shoulders, but I smacked them away. “Don’t touch me.”
His touch left my body, but I could feel his warmth as he sat beside. “I didn’t know you could ride.”
“Levi and Sean taught me after you left. It helped get my mind off of things.” I tried not to look down in the ravine where Levi was found, but I couldn’t help it. The amount of pain he must’ve felt had to be excruciating. I slammed my hand against the guardrail and sobbed.
“I’m gonna miss him too, Kassidy. Levi was a good friend.”
Angrily, I wiped my tears away and scoffed. “How would you know? You left eight years ago and never looked back.”
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.
Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget the passion for singing. Her two number one fans expect a concert each and every night before bedtime and those songs usually consist of Christmas carols.
Aside from being a wife and mother, L.P. Dover has written over seventeen novels including her Forever Fae series, the Second Chances series, the Gloves Off series, and her standalone novel, Love, Lies, and Deception. Her favorite genre to read is romantic suspense and she also loves writing it. However, if she had to choose a setting to live in it would have to be with her faeries in the Land of the Fae.
L.P. Dover is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency.
(2) Grand Prize Kindle “Gift Baskets” of ALL eBooks!
(19) Winners of Individual eBooks (randomly selected titles)
- A Devilish Slumber wwww.shereenvedam.com Author: Shereen Vedam
- Description: POWERFUL. IN PAIN. AND UNDER SUSPICION . . . Mired in grief, Lady Roselyn Ravenstock avoids the cloying attention of friends, servants and society’s well-wishers. Until the day she bumps into a woman who reminds her of her gentle mother. Coming out of her deep-seated sorrow, Rose tentatively befriends this kind lady . . . then news comes of her new friend’s brutal murder. And Rose is implicated in the killing. Enraged and no longer willing to pliantly accept fate’s thrashings, Rose resurrects an ancient, magical, family talent to re-shape her features. To prove her innocence, disguised as a young lad, this society’s darling grabs hold of destiny’s reins and goes hunting through London’s shabby lanes and treacherous dockyards for a killer. In this unique twist of the beloved Sleeping Beauty …Amazon Link: myBook.to/ADevilishSlumberMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/ShereenVedamMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ShereenVedamMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Shereen-Vedam/e/B005A53Q10/ref=dp_byline_cont…My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/shereen-vedam
- Rege’s Rescue denagarson.com Author: Dena Garson
- Description: Rege Rovnitov battled his way out of the darkest hell hole in the charted universe to become the best tracker in four galaxies. Fighting injustice, he and his brotherhood have spent their lives with one foot on the shady side of the law. When the daughter of one of his allies is abducted by slavers, he offers his skills to bring her home. On such a dark and dangerous mission, he never expected to find a woman full of goodness and light. After years in the spotlight as an interstellar songbird, Amethe Madigan only wants to regain a normal life. Her plans are upended when a band of slavers take her captive and drag her to the galactic port known as Sin City. With Rege’s help, she narrowly escapes being sold to the highest bidder, or worse, turned over to whoever ordered her kidnapping. …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Reges-Rescue-Dena-Garson-ebook/dp/B01GH3XSZ2My Twitter Link: twitter.com/DenaGarsonMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AuthorDenaGarsonMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Dena-Garson/e/B007ER5E58
- Dragon’s Blood www.belindamcbride.com Author: Belinda McBride
- Description: San Francisco hasn’t been the same since the Great Shake of ’08. On the ruins of Fisherman’s Wharf, a ramshackle city rises like a mushroom, a strange dichotomy of safety and corruption. In this forbidden city, a monster prowls the corridors and alleys, seeking the nanite-enhanced flesh and blood of underground cage fighters. Detective Annie Tanaka once survived an encounter with the monster. The attack left her clinging to life and riddled with fear. Now the monster has returned, and he’s hunting in her territory. She’ll need every weapon in her arsenal to face this enemy and prevail. Unfortunately for Annie, her mentor, a legendary fight master, hasn’t been seen in decades, and her unwilling partner is next on the monster’s menu. Annie soon realizes her real enemy is not the monster, b …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Dragons-Blood-Black-Planet-Book-ebook/dp/B01KMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/Belinda_McBrideMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Belinda-McBride-49209583129/?ref=bookmarksMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Belinda-McBride/e/B003LDKSZ0/ref=dp_byline_co…
- Angeli www.amyvansant.com Author: Amy Vansant
- Description: *Kindle Book Awards 2015 Finalist!* – A romantic, humorous, dark & mysterious NA adventure! Playing pirate with her Captain lover in 1720, Anne Bonny never dreamed she’d end up a Sentinel, a soldier for mankind’s mysterious guardians, the Angeli. Now Anne will live 1000 years, but in return, she must hunt & neutralize Perfidia, corrupted Angeli who drain human energy to survive. Monsters are only half Anne’s troubles; her stormy love life would make Blackbeard pack up ship and move to Kansas. After losing his corporeal body in battle, Anne’s former lover, Con Carey, visits her by possessing the bodies of humans, often with embarrassing results. In the meantime, Anne’s complicated romance with the aloof Arch Angeli Michael has intensified; even as they square …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Angeli-Pirate-Irishman-Amy-Vansant-ebook/dp/BMy Twitter Link: www.Twitter.com/AmyVansantMy Facebook Page: facebook.com/TheAmyVansantMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Amy-Vansant/e/B001K8WXV0/My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/amy-vansant
- Falling Awake www.debrahmartin.co.uk Author: Deborah Martin
- Description: Are dreams mere fantasy, or are they real? When Mary Parker finds a magic book everything in her life changes. As she reads, she dreams, and the woman sunk in depression after her mother’s death is transformed to a vibrant beauty. She gives the book and the phenomenon a name, ‘falling awake’. The book seems to twist others to act out of character too. Joe’s usually dour father turns visionary and gambles with the factory where Mary works, and Joe, the metaphysical daydreamer, engages in a secret sexual eternal triangle to keep the dull routine of the accounts department at bay. The dominant partner in the triangle is Clem; dark and dangerous. Extricating himself from Clem, Joe meets Mary. They fall in love and their marriage is arranged in haste when Mary falls pregnant, but this is no …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/dp/B014MUC51UMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/StorytellerDebMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/DeborahMartin.Author/My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Debrah-Martin/e/B014S6OYZ8/ref=dp_byline_cont…My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/debrah-martin
- Lady Star Wind https://veronicascott.wordpress.com/ Author: Veronica Scott
- Description: Are they merely luckless lovers … or a legend come back to life? Mark Denaltieri, ex-Sector Special Forces, has been hired by the Outlier Empress to rescue her granddaughter, Princess Alessandra, from kidnappers. Since the Empress once had him tortured and banished, she’s the last person Mark wants to work for. But he takes the job. He’ll save Alessandra, his first love, and discover why she didn’t speak for him when he desperately needed her. Then he’ll be on his way, finally free of his past. Alessandra would rather her rescuer was anyone but Mark–after all, he let her believe he was dead all this time. But when the couple are forced to flee her captors by Traveling via a strange crystal globe, they find themselves in a lovely Oasis on a desert planet, the old attraction sizzling b …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Lady-Star-Wind-Veronica-Scott-ebook/dp/B01FI8My Twitter Link: twitter.com/vscotttheauthorMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/VeronicaScottAuthor/My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Veronica-Scott/e/B006CUCJ92/My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/search?search=veronica+scott
- Howl of the Wolf (Heirs to the Throne Book 1) www.quicksilvernovels.com Author: Diane Rapp
- Description: “The concept behind ‘Howl Of The Wolf’ is absolutely fascinating. Telepathic wolves have been the dominant sentient life-form on the distant plant of Drako for untold years, and each member of the pack carries within them the voices of their ancestors; many lifetimes of soul and memory on which they may draw. One day, a colonization initiative from Earth brings a strange new creature to the peaceful world – humans. They walk on just two legs and their minds are oddly silent, leading the lupines to conclude that these new arrivals are unintelligent. Hundreds of years pass, during which time the human society on Drako descends into feudalism with a hierarchical class system and a deep-seated hatred of technology. The wolves observe, maintaining their distance, until after decades of isol …Amazon Link: viewbook.at/HowlWolfMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/DianeRappMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/quicksilvernovels/My Amazon Author Page: Author.to/DianeRapp
- The Key: Project Enterprise 1 www.paulinebjones.com/book/the-key Author: Pauline Baird Jones
- Description: When Sara Donovan joins Project Enterprise she finds out that what doesn’t kill her makes her stronger… An Air Force pilot – the best of the best to be assigned to this mission – Sara isn’t afraid to travel far beyond the Milky Way on an assignment that takes her into a galaxy torn apart by a long and bitter warfare between the Dusan and the Gadi. After she’s shot down and manages to land safely on an inhospitable planet, Sara encounters Kiernan Fyn – a seriously hot alien with a few secrets of his own – he’s a member of a resistance group called the Ojemba, lead by the mysterious and ruthless Kalian. Together they must avoid capture, but can they avoid their growing attraction to each other? A mysterious, hidden city on the planet brings Sara closer to the answers she seeks – abo …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZZB5O2/My Twitter Link: twitter.com/paulinebjonesMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AuthorPaulineBairdJonesMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Pauline-Baird-Jones/e/B000APFS0M/My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/pauline-baird-jones
- The Rogue King www.aldreaalien.com Author: Aldrea Alien
- Description: Outside is dangerous. Such is the warning Koral has heard for twelve years. Born a product of genetic manipulation, he knows little else of the world beyond the steel walls of his home. When fate gives him the choice between certain death and the unknown, there’s no question in what he must choose. But he’s about to find out the sands he must brave are full of more than mere monsters. Providing the desert doesn’t kill him first. This is a world ruled by instinct, where innocence is drowned in blood. Here, men are offered up to the great Serpent God, Lorric, only to emerge as the most feared killers on the planet: The Rogues. With the god’s sights set on turning Koral into a legend, he must sacrifice himself to survive and be reborn as… The Rogue King.Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Rogue-King-Saga-Book-ebook/dp/B00JO2LRK2My Twitter Link: twitter.com/aldreaalienMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AldreaAlienMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Aldrea-Alien/e/B00JQW8R1WMy Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/aldrea-alien
- Super Starrella AuroraSpringer.blogspot.com Author: Aurora Springer
- Description: Teen superhero, Starrella, and her flying horse combat vicious killers in the skies of Atalanta. The quiet summer before her freshman year turns frighteningly weird after Estelle Wright trespasses onto an Army base. Blown into the air and knocked unconscious, she wakes with a nascent superpower. Not to mention a winged horse with a snarky attitude and a mind of her own. Back home in Atalanta, a serial killer is targeting the students at Goldman University. Before long she must juggle college classes with sneaking out of the house after dark to battle alien monsters. Estelle’s life is in danger, but who can she trust: handsome Captain Copper from military intelligence, or hunky Toby, the tough gangster with a motorbike? Both men have secret agendas, but falling in love is not in their p …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/dp/B01C7WC8R6/My Twitter Link: twitter.com/AuroraSpringerMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Springer/885945434752937My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Aurora-Springer/e/B00K2C4NL8My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/aurora-springer
- White Raven www.jlweil.com Author: J.L. Weil
- Description: DREADFUL LIES. UNEXPECTED LOVE. IMPOSSIBLE TRUTH. It only took one heartbeat to change my life–one chilling phone call in the middle of the night. And then, as if my life didn’t already suck, my dad sends my brother and me to some idyllic island for the summer to live with a grandma we never met. WTH. Naturally, I rebel. In the end, I find myself shipped off to Raven Hallow…and bored to tears. Until I get an eyeful of the mind-bendingly gorgeous Zane Hunter. The dark-hair cutie makes my pulse go bonkers, and I think, maybe this might not be so bad after all. Six feet of swoon inducing looks, with a hint of Celtic charm in his voice, he was the type of guy that left a string of broken hearts in his wake. And I had all the heartbreak I could handle. Yet, there is somet …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/White-Raven-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00UZKSFHK/ref=pdMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/JLWeilMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/jenniferlweil/My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/J.L.-Weil/e/B008A1AQGO/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebo…My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/j-l-weil
- The Guardian jacqbiggar.com Author: Jacquie Biggar
- Description: Can two lost souls stop a madman with the help of a sarcastic angel? Lucas Carmichael and Scott Anderson had it all, money, fame, and fortune. But one night’s stupid mistake takes everything they thought they cherished and dumps it upside down. A car accident ends Lucas’ life and leaves Scott injured and bitter. As the local ME, Tracy York, investigates the case, discrepancies begin to point to more than a simple drunk driving incident. When threats are made to Tracy’s life can Scott and his guardian angel, Lucas, protect her, or will she become another casualty?
Facebook Street Team:
- At the Mercy of Her Pleasure kayelleallen.com Author: Kayelle Allen
- Description: Book 1 of the Antonello Brother series. Sweet Scifi Romance with a kick. The only warning this book needs is to beware your heart isn’t stolen by the hero. — Hired to steal back a prototype taken by the imperial armada, professional thief Senth retrieves it, but his brother is kidnapped to force Senth to surrender the device. Now he has to rescue his brother, outsmart the armada, and keep the item out of imperial hands. All doable, except for one small problem. He must do it in the company of NarrAy, a genetically altered woman whose pheromones could enhance the mission — or crumble it into dust with a single siren kiss. He’s a thief. She’s a soldier. Do opposites attract? Oh, mercy!Amazon Link: amzn.to/1f7FQ2hMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/kayelleallenMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/KayelleAllen.Author/My Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/kayelleallen
- The Flame and the Arrow www.emighcannaday.com Author: Emigh Cannaday
- Description: “Don’t do it, Annika,” he taunted. His eyes were no longer bright and charming but dark and intense, yet they still twinkled. He was tempting, but was he harmful? Aspiring rock star Annika Brisby thinks she knows where her life is going until she steps through a broken portal that leaves her stranded in a realm of fairies, vampires, and other mythical beings. Unable to return until it’s repaired, she’s rescued by wood nymphs who believe her sudden arrival is no accident. After being taken in by a prominent family of elves, Annika finds herself struggling to resist the seductive spell of their youngest son,Talvi. Equal parts arrogant and alluring, the notorious heartbreaker seems like the perfect distraction for her homesickness. Her new friends warn her that she’ll probably regret ever …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/dp/B004BSGKH4My Twitter Link: twitter.com/EmighCannadayMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/emighcann/My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Emigh-Cannaday/e/B00304RN3U/ref=dp_byline_con…My Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/emigh-cannaday
- All the Broken Places (The Healing Edge, #1) aniseeden.com Author: Anise Eden
- Description: All of Cate’s problems are in her head. That may be her greatest strength. Cate Duncan is a promising young therapist, dedicated to her work. But after her mother’s suicide, she is seized by a paralyzing depression. To save her job, Cate agrees to enter a program with Dr. Angeline MacGregor, run by her stern son, Ben, and housed in a repurposed church. Cate doesn’t quite understand what the program entails, but she soon learns that the skills she will develop there may not only help her learn how to cope with her own problems, but will also lead her to a much greater purpose. The MacGregor Group is a collection of alternative healers whose unconventional approaches include crystals, aura reading and psychics. They know that their life’s work invites skepticism, and welcome the chance …Amazon Link: Amzn.com/B018UV2EYAMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/aniseedenMy Facebook Page: facebook.com/authoraniseedenMy Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/aniseeden
- CAPTIVE (The Survival Race book 1) www.kmfawcett.com Author: K.M. Fawcett
- Description: Abducted from Earth, officer Addy Dawson is caged with Max, a naked alpha gladiator who claims to be her stud. This mating pair will breed the finest warriors for the Survival Races, a deadly blood sport where the last man alive wins. To rebel against their alien captors means torture, or worse, yet Max and Addy will risk everything for freedom and will soon discover that when they’re together nothing in the universe can stop them.Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Captive-The-Survival-Race-ebook/dp/B008GYISBKMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/KMFawcettMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/km.fawcettMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/K.M.-Fawcett/e/B00B78JG36/ref=dp_byline_cont_…
- The Alien General’s Baby www.sheamalloy.com Author: Shea Malloy
- Description: Tempted by an alien warrior… Jillian Landay has clawed her way up from humble beginnings to a successful career as an interior designer. She’s no queen of an alien planet like her younger sister, Megan, but she did have a handsome, wealthy husband — until it all went down the drain over a year ago. Love and relationships? Totally out of the question. She’s not about to get burned again. So why the hell is she pregnant for some arrogant alien man? Jonnar Dorayan may be the sexiest alien warrior alive with his intense, blue-violet stare and a scorching touch that sets her body afire, but he’s not her type. Yeah, he’s the father of her unborn child, and yeah, he did save her life. Twice. But falling for him? Never gonna happen in this galaxy or the next. Tantalized by a cur …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/dp/B01JXZG64QMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/authorsheamalloy/My Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Shea-Malloy/e/B0198ZUQTM
- Infinity’s Doorway: www.davidwind.com Author: David Wind
- Description: A Paranormal Thriller: “Find me…” The words uttered by the mysterious woman he’d swerved off the road to miss, echo continually in Dallas policeman Arren Blaine’s head as he fights to get back into the world of the living, after the almost fatal car crash. A Paranormal Romantic adventure: “Find me…” So begins an odyssey of discovery that takes him far from the Dallas P.D. forensic labs and into the frightening world of the supernatural in his search for the woman who had saved his life. A woman he is destined to share eternity with, if he can find her… If he can save her.Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Infinitys-Doorway-Paranormal-David-Wind-ebookMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/david_windMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/authordavid.windMy Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/David-Wind/e/B002BMBUDGMy Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/david-wind
- Beset & Bewildered www.samcheever.com Author: Sam Cheever
- Description: I used to be someone who was in control of her life. I was an adult. Responsible and mature. But then I took over the Angel Network, my sister’s demon quashing business, and my life just went to hell…literally! Part of the problem is, of course, my new partner, Slayer. He’s cocky and opinionated and just so…male. Forget that when he’s nearby my body just about melts with desire. Forget that it’s nearly impossible for us to work together. Forget that dealing with dark worlders on a daily basis is death to my better nature. I just want to prove to Astra that I can run her business as well or even better than she did. But I can’t catch a break. What are the chances that one of my first clients would be the Queen of the Hellhounds and that she would …Amazon Link: www.amazon.com/Beset-Bewildered-Bedeviled-Beguiled-Book-ebooMy Twitter Link: twitter.com/samcheeverMy Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/SamCheeverAuthorMy Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/samcheeverMy Bookbub Page: www.bookbub.com/authors/sam-cheever
When a pin-up worthy tattoo artist meets a car mechanic on a Florida roadside, it feels like the start of a great one-night stand. But when feelings grow, and secrets are revealed, both of their lives will be at risk. The only question is from who? Find out in THE DARKEST LINK by RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole.
Title: THE DARKEST LINK
Author: Scarlett Cole
Series: Second Circle Tattoos #4
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pub. Date: August 30, 2016
When her car breaks down off the side of a lonely highway far from her sunny Miami home, tattoo artist Lia never expected her very own white knight to ride up on the back of a barely street-legal motorcycle…and she never expected to fall for her dark savior. After a string of failed relationships and a bruised heart Lia is not looking for forever, and the hot mechanic, with his sexy scruff and shaggy hair, is simply impossible to resist. He’s the perfect candidate for a mind-blowingly-perfect, no-strings-attached one-night stand.
Reid left his life in Chicago far behind him and hasn’t been back, but he’s never been able to escape the guilt he feels about his own painful role in inviting a monster into his baby sister’s life. A monster who almost destroyed her. Being with Lia is an unexpected gift, one he doesn’t feel he deserves, and their one night together has him wanting more than he should. When he surprises her at her tattoo studio, Second Circle Tattoos, in Miami, he’s in for a shock—and a fist to the face—when his past and present collide.
With secrets coming to the surface, Reid and Lia are thrown into a world of betrayal and lies that threatens to pull them under, and the last link to his former life may be the darkest of them all.
Copyright © 2016 by Scarlett Cole
Reid’s phone rang. He pulled it from his rear pocket and saw Lia’s name flash on the screen. He smiled as he answered.
“Hey, babe,” he said, walking through the open double doors of the garage. He perched on the low retaining wall that separated the garage from the unit next door. It needed knocking down and rebuilding, but neither he nor his neighbor really had the funds to do it.
“Did you just call me babe?” Lia said. From the way her voice went up at the end of the sentence, he took it that “babe” wasn’t a good thing.
“Guilty,” he said. “You don’t like it?”
“The sentiment, yes. But babe has always struck me as the kind of word a guy calls all the girls he dated. I can never decide if it’s just habit or he just doesn’t want to get my name wrong.”
Reid laughed. “Believe me, Red, no one could ever forget your name. How’s your day going?”
“Oh . . . you know,” she said, in what he assumed was her fake-it-’til-you-make it tone. “It’s going.”
“You know, if you just put a fraction more excitement into that, I might just believe you.”
“No, it’s fine. I’m fine. There’s just a lot going on, but for some totally messed-up reason, you were on my mind. So I decided to give you a call.”
“I like that,” Reid replied sincerely.
“What? That there’s a lot going on in my day?”
“No, of course not. That for whatever totally messed-up reason, I’m on your mind.” He couldn’t help the grin spreading across his face.
“Funny,” she replied.
“I like to think so. So is this a booty call? Because I need to know if I’m about to be taken advantage of.”
Finally, she laughed. “No. It’s just a call call. No booty.”
“Pity. I’m here to serve. You want to talk about my booty, I can get down with that. As long as I can talk about yours in return.”
“There was definitely no booty in the purpose of my call.”
“Damn, because you do have a pretty spectacular—”
“Kenny,” she warned in a tone just like his mother used to use when he was in trouble, and he rubbed a hand around the back of his neck.
“Well, whatever it is, I’m glad you called called me. Are you at work?”
“Yeah. Just sitting outside for a ten-minute break, but I’ll be done at five. I should head back inside.”
His chest tightened a little at the thought that she had called him for absolutely no reason at all. “Okay, babe. Enjoy the rest of your day.”
“Don’t babe me.”
“Wouldn’t dream of it,” he said, before hanging up the phone.
Check out the other books in the Second Circle Tattoos series!
THE STRONGEST STEEL, Second Circle Tattoos #1
THE FRACTURED HEART, Second Circle Tattoos #2
THE PUREST HOOK, Second Circle Tattoos #3
About SCARLETT COLE
Scarlett Cole is a writer of contemporary romance and a two-time RITA finalist. Her debut, THE STRONGEST STEEL, has already become an Amazon best seller in romantic suspense, was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors On The Air Global Radio Network Contemporary Romance Pick of 2015.
When Scarlett isn’t writing, she spends her time reading, hoarding mason jars, and working out to off-set an epic sour candy habit. She likes hot men, cold beer, and expensive shoes.
Having travelled the world for work and fun, Scarlett is a citizen of both Britain and Canada. A true city-dweller, she considers Toronto and Manchester home and likes to set her books in vibrant locations such as Miami and Los Angeles.
Rep’d by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency, and published by St. Martin’s Press.
She’d love to hear from you on twitter @itsscarlettcole
Follow the blog tour from August 29th – September 9th! Two grand prize winners will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card and the runner-up prize will be all four ebooks in the series.
Visit all the stops for more chances to win!
(Sinner’s Tribe Motorcycle Club, #4)
Published by: St. Martin’s Press
Publication date: June 28th 2016
Genres: Adult, Romance
Love is a wild ride.
After enduring months of torture at the hands of the Black Jacks MC, and betrayed by his own club, Holt “T-Rex” Savage, a junior member of the Sinner’s Tribe Motorcycle Club, will stop at nothing to get revenge. But falling for a beautiful woman with dangerous ties to his sworn enemy was never part of the plan…
Raised by the Black Jacks, Naiya Kelly grew up fast, furiously, and with little to lose. But now that she’s put her MC days behind her, she is free to do what she wants—until she meets a man who imprisons her, body and soul. She swore she’d never give her heart to a biker, but Holt is the most passionate, protective man she’s ever known. But will Holt be forced to betray his one true love to exact his revenge?
Chaos Bound is the fourth book in a full-length, standalone series by New York Times bestselling author, Sarah Castille, featuring red-hot, hard-riding bikers and the women who can’t help but love them
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Sarah Castille, writes contemporary erotic romance and romantic suspense featuring blazingly hot alpha males and the women who tame them. She is the author of the Redemption series, the Sinner’s Tribe MC series, and the Legal Heat series. A recovering lawyer and caffeine addict, she worked and travelled abroad before trading in her briefcase and stilettos for a handful of magic beans and a home on Vancouver Island.
Sarah took time out of her crazy schedule to stop by and chat with a fellow islander 🙂
Happy to have you on the blog, Sarah!
What do you think is the best way to publish these days?
I think it depends on what an author is hoping to get from the publishing experience, and we are very fortunate today to have so many options from traditional publishing to self-publishing and various degrees of in between.
What are your favorite genres to read? Why?
I love erotic romance for the emotional depth and paranormal romance for the incredible world building.
How do you approach starting a new book?
I usually have an idea for the story and then I do lots of research to get ideas for scenes, settings and characters.
What is your writing process?
I usually start writing a few scenes until the characters reveal themselves and then I can write the story in one go.
What are the best writing books or blogs you’ve ever read?
I really enjoyed Stephen King’s On Writing and Blake Snyder’s Save the Cat.
What are your non-writing hobbies, or what do you do to relax?
I have three little girls so there isn’t much time for relaxing or hobbies! When I’m not driving, cooking, cleaning, sorting out playdates, parties or fights, I love running, reading, and kayaking.
What was your best date ever?
Best date ever was the first time the hubs asked me out and he picked me up in a black Thunderbird and ran around to open the door for me. I was hooked!
Tell us something you are really proud of.
I am very proud of my first book, Legal Heat. It was the first book I ever wrote, and it won 11 RWA Chapter Contests, and got me an agent and my first publishing contract!
Wow, that is something to be proud of, congrats!
Can you confide something you wish you were better at?
Hmmm. This one is tough. There are many things I wish I were better at, including interviews! I suppose discipline would be number one. If I could stay off Facebook, I could probably write more stories!
I feel your pain, lol. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, Sarah. Best of luck with Chaos Bound!
First Look Celebration for Shannon McKenna’s Right Through Me
NYTimes and USA Today bestselling author Shannon McKenna launches The Obsidian Files with RIGHT THROUGH ME, a pulse-pounding tale of thrilling suspense and searing passion. A beautiful fugitive and a biotech tycoon with strange powers must face the lethal rage of a vicious enemy bent on their annihilation.
About RIGHT THROUGH ME:
Stranger, speak softly…
Biotech tycoon Noah Gallagher has a deadly secret: his clandestine training as a super-soldier gives him abilities that go far beyond human. Yet he’s very much a man. When Caro Bishop shows up at his Seattle headquarters with a dangerous secret agenda, his ordered life is thrown into chaos. Caro is a woman like no other—and her luminously sensual beauty cloaks a mystery he must solve.
Caro’s lying low, evading a false charge of murder. She means to clear her name, and she’ll do whatever it takes to survive—but seducing a man like Noah is more than she bargained for. His amber eyes have the strangest glow when he looks at her—she could swear he sees the secrets of her heart. The desire smoldering in Noah’s eyes awakens her own secret hunger, but Caro has to resist his magnetic pull. Anyone close to her becomes a target. The only right thing to do is run, far and fast, but Caro can’t outrun Noah’s ferocious intensity—or deny the searing passion that explodes between them.
Nothing else matters—until a vicious enemy bent on the ultimate revenge puts his murderous plan into play. Noah and Caro must battle for their lives…and their love…
Welcome to the secret and dangerous world of The Obsidian Files!
I love stories about people forced to widen the idea of what it means to be a human being, as well as stories about what it would be like to be superhuman. Now that the technology to augment, enhance, even design human beings is becoming an accepted reality, it fascinates me even more.
My hero, charismatic biotech tycoon Noah Gallagher, has a deadly secret—he’s more than human. As a teenager, he was swept up into the Obsidian program, a plan to create super-soldiers using gene splicing and nanotech. Noah led the other modified kids in a desperate rebellion. They barely escaped with their lives and went deep underground.
Now, years later, Noah’s crew now hides in plain sight, careful to mask their uncanny abilities. All except for breakaway element Mark Olund, a psychopath who uses his abilities to enrich himself. Mark is a threat to Noah’s group, so when Mark’s mistress, Caro Bishop, suddenly shows up near Noah’s Seattle headquarters working as a bellydancer, Noah’s sister decides that they need a closer look at her. Preferably one using Noah’s enhanced eyes.
But Caro has a secret, too. She’s running away from a false charge of murder. Mark Olund killed her boss, and has been hunting her relentlessly ever since. She’s the only one with the biometrics to open a safe that will unleash a terrible weapon onto the world.
This nightmare has to stop, one way or another. If no one else can help, she’ll do it herself. But in the meantime, a girl had to eat and pay her rent and bus fare. She’s been bellydancing to survive, and this gig seemed just like any other—until she set eyes on the mind-blowingly handsome recepient of her dance . . .
Caro narrowly missed slamming her hip into the table. For the third time.
Look away from the guy, for God’s sake. Get a grip. It’s just a dance.
But her gaze kept getting sucked back to Noah Gallagher, the birthday boy. Ultra-powerful CEO of the oh-so-myserious Angel Enterprises, cutting-edge biotech firm.
The man was gorgeous. Barrel chested. A dense slab of muscle. Short hair showed off the sharp planes and angles of his face, a wide, strong jaw. He wore shaded glasses, but he’d taken them off a few seconds into her bellydance, and it was incredibly hard to stay focused on the music and remember her moves while being examined with such blazing intensity. It made her lose the thread.
To say nothing of her physical balance.
Holy flipping wow. They said he was turning thirty-two today, but he seemed older, or maybe it was just his expression. Each time she twirled, she snagged a new yummy detail. The shape of his ears. Thick, straight dark brows. Sexy grooves framing a stern, sensual mouth. Sharp cheekbones. His face was a taut mask of tension. But it was his eyes that really got to her.
His scorching laser focus made her temperature rise. He looked like he’d tear you to pieces if you gave him any trouble, despite the elegant suit that sat just right on his huge shoulders. He didn’t laugh or look embarrassed like most men did when surprised by a bellydancer. He just sat there, with the charged stillness of a predator poised to spring. Radiating a subtle sense of danger.
Her smile faltered as she shimmied and spun. Suddenly, she was hyper-conscious of the erotic allure of the dance. She always tried to keep things as light hearted and playful as possible, but his silent, very male sexual energy made it feel deadly serious. As if they were alone, and she’d been summoned for a private, uninhibited performance designed to drive him crazy.
Oh my. What a stimulating scenario that would be.
She was actually getting aroused. For the love of God. Rising panic began to shred the sensation. Enough of this ridiculous crap. She had to get out of here, and fast.
Finish the dance. You need the cash. He’s only a hot guy, not a celestial being. You’re freaking yourself out. Chill. Usually she spread the wealth, bestowing flirtatious smiles on everyone, but no one made a sound. Tension was thick in the air. No laughter, no snickering, no whistles.
Who cared. Her mind was fully occupied with the task of not gaping at Noah Gallagher’s godlike hotness.
This is Caro’s first inkling that all is not exactly what it seems at Angel Enterprises. She has no idea that they know who she is, and still less that they are wondering if she is Mark Olund’s spy. But really, all she can think about is Noah.
Toughen up, cupcake. Take back the power. This was a tough crowd, maybe, but everything was relative. The people in this room weren’t trying to frame her for murder, kidnap her or kill her. And she certainly had the birthday boy’s full attention.
So she’d play with it. That man needed to be humbled. To worship at the feet of her divine awesomeness. She’d dance like she’d never danced before, blow his mind, and melt away, forever nameless. Leaving him to ache and writhe.
That’s right, big boy. Prepare to suffer.
The dance was ending. Caro sank to her knees, arching back in a pose of abandoned sensual ecstasy as the music reached its climax. Stretched before him like a sacrificial virgin on an altar.
Take me, I’m yours.
The pose felt obscene, but only because there were other people in the room. If there hadn’t been, it would have felt right. It would have felt . . . hot.
Caro rose slowly to her feet. Noah Gallagher didn’t applaud.
He just stared as if he wanted to leap over that table and pin her to the ground.
Tension built. The othe people in the room looked up, down, anywhere but at her. Caro smiled brightly. Not fair, to throw an innocent performer into the middle of someone else’s big fat faux pas and make her swim in it. Bastards.
So what. She’d stay dignified. While running for her life, fighting the powers of darkness, scrambling for money. Even if it involved putting on a scanty costume and shaking her booty for rude or indifferent strangers.
Or else one single intense, lustful, smoldering stranger.
Caro has been alone with her problems for so long. She’ll scramble to keep anyone else from getting punished by the toxic mess that is her current life, but she can’t resist Noah’s smoldering, magnetic gaze. Aside from how drop-dead hot Noah Gallagher is, she’s intensely drawn to the strength she senses in him. A strength that could withstand even problems as big as her own.
Still, all Caro dares to hope for is one secret night. That’s the extent of her self-indulgence—but Noah has other ideas . . . and he’s willing to protect what he loves . . .
I hope you enjoy the mysterious and exciting new world of the Obsidian Files as much as I loved creating it! There is still so much yet to discover, so happy reading!
About Shannon McKenna:
Shannon McKenna is the NYT and USA Today bestselling author of fifteen action packed, turbocharged romantic thrillers, among which are the stories of the wildly popular McCloud series. She’s also the author of the upcoming OBSIDIAN series, the first of which, RIGHT THROUGH ME, comes out in July of 2016. She loves tough and heroic alpha males, heroines with the brains and guts to match them, villains who challenge them to their utmost, adventure, scorching sensuality, and most of all, the redemptive power of true love.
Since she was small she has loved abandoning herself to the magic of a good book, and her fond childhood fantasy was that writing would be just like that, but with the added benefit of being able to take credit for the story at the end. The alchemy of writing turned out to be messier than she’d ever dreamed, but what the hell, she loves it anyway, and hopes that readers enjoy the results of her alchemical experiments. She loves to hear from her readers.
Connect with Shannon: Website | Facebook | Twitter
2 winners will receive a $10 Amazon Giftcard & 2 winners will receive an e-copy of choice from Shannon’s backlist!
Kate Sikes has finally met who she believes is Mr. Right, only Detective Walker Pruett isn’t all about flowers and living happily ever after. In fact, after the greatest night of sex Kate’s ever had, she hasn’t seen Walker once.
However, she refuses to pine away for him or call him even though he invades her thoughts and her dreams—that is, until he shows up to investigate a case of robbery at the hotel where she works. Once again, Kate is left to fight Walker’s charms, though she knows he can’t commit and she’s convinced he’ll eventually break her heart.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lorhainne Eckhart’s books have been described as Longmire meets old-school Dallas, and she recently received the 2015 & 2013 Readers’ Favorite Award for Romance & Romantic Suspense for her titles The Price to Love and Lost and Found. With over forty titles under her belt, her big family romance series are loved by fans worldwide. Books that celebrate love, family, commitment, hope, and making a relationship work. With flawed strong characters, characters you can relate to. Lorhainne writes the kind of books she wants to read.
She is frequently a Top 100 bestselling author in multiple genres, such as romance, western, military and mystery/suspense. She has written multiple series, including The Outsider, Walk the Right Road, The Wilde Brothers, Saved, The Friessens, and her two newest additions, Married in Montana, and her high-stakes suspense and sizzling, red-hot romance series, Kate and Walker, Deadly, Dangerous and Desired.
***Limted time offer** New York Times Bestselling Author Lorhainne Eckhart has entertained 100,000’s of readers with her big family romance series – and she is giving away free novels. Subscribe to her mailing list to receive your FREE STARTER LIBRARY: http://gem.godaddy.com/signups/162081/join
by Sara Walter Ellwood
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
Sex, drugs, and country music. That was the lifestyle for Emily Kendall, a Texas girl who hit it big on the country music charts–until she found herself pregnant and battling addiction. Now out of rehab and seeking a new life for herself and her unborn child, Emily returns to her hometown of McAllister. The last thing she’s looking for is trouble, no matter how good it looks in uniform. . .
A widower, single father, and former Army Ranger struggling with PTSD, Sheriff EJ Cowley has his own demons to battle while keeping folks safe. The last thing he needs is a troubled celebrity speeding through town in her bright red Mazerati. But when someone from Emily’s past threatens her safety and the peace of McAllister, EJ has no choice but to protect her. And soon both will learn there’s more to the other than meets the eye. And that wounded hearts can love again. . .
As he reached in the glove box for his pad of tickets, he whistled between his teeth. A Maserati with a Tennessee plate. His computer was in his official Tahoe, which was parked at the station, but he could ticket the driver and enter the citation when he got to the office. Opening the door, he picked up his hat from the side seat and put it on his head as he slid out of the pickup. He caught the female driver watching him through her side mirror and got a glimpse of dark reddish hair and big-lensed sunglasses covering most of a slender face from her reflection.
She straightened in the leather seat and smiled as he stopped at the driver’s door, ducking down to look at her. Despite the sunglasses covering her green eyes, he knew her. The magazines and TV hadn’t done her justice. She was one of the most beautiful women he’d ever seen. Her auburn hair was styled in a short pixie cut that seemed to make her look even more like a fairy than he’d thought of her when she was younger. A sudden flutter hit his gut and rattled his thoughts. What the hell was he nervous about? He’d met famous people before. Besides, he’d known this girl all of her life.
In spite of the reason he’d stopped her, he smiled. “Well, if it isn’t Emily Ritter. Haven’t seen you around here for years.”
Her smile fell the moment the name Ritter slipped out of his mouth. “I don’t go by that name any more and haven’t since I was fourteen.” She shot back as she glanced at his badge and the nametag above it on his uniform shirt. “Edward James Cowley.” The smile returned, but this time it held a hint of mischief. She must have remembered how much he hated his full name and used it to get back at him for his flub. “You’re the sheriff now? You get out of the Army?”
“I got out a little over two years ago, and yes, I’m the sheriff.” EJ pushed the brim of his hat over his forehead. God, he had to focus. “The reason I stopped you wasn’t to engage in small talk. You were speeding. I’ll need to see your driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance.”
“C’mon, since when does anyone care about speeding on this old stretch of cow path?” She removed her sunglasses to reveal eyes the color of spring grass. They’d always seemed to mesmerize him, even when she was a kid, and now wasn’t any different. “Hell, the only people out here are my family, the Ritters, your family, and the Campbells.”
Her voice broke the trance her beauty put him under. She definitely wasn’t the girl who’d followed him around when she’d come over to the Double K to visit John Kendall, never knowing the old rancher was her grandfather.
“Actually, I own the Campbells’ place. They sold the Arrowhead Ranch a year ago after Uncle Joe had a heart attack. He and Aunt Sally moved to Arizona to be closer to my mom and dad.” He had to remember this woman wasn’t the innocent little girl he’d teased any more. Or a stunning woman he’d like to get to know better. From what he’d heard on the radio and from the tabloid covers he’d read while standing in line at the grocery store, she’d turned into a drug addict and party hellion after marrying a British rock star. He didn’t even like her music anymore, and there was a time, he’d thought she had the voice of an angel. The thought of her throwing away her talent on booze and drugs sent a spear of anger through him. Someday she’d undoubtedly end up as dead as Raquel had. He held out his hand. “Your driver’s license, Ms. Kendall.”
She reached for her purse, setting on the passenger’s seat, and pulled out her license, then rummaged through the glove box for her registration and insurance papers. As she handed the items to him, she smiled the sweet, breathtaking smile he’d seen splashed on magazine covers and award shows, but it never entered her hard eyes. “Fine. Here you go, Sheriff Cowley.”
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Although Sara Walter Ellwood has long ago left the farm for the glamour of the big town, she draws on her experiences growing up on a small hobby farm in West Central Pennsylvania to write her contemporary westerns. She’s been married to her college sweetheart for over 20 years, and they have two teenagers and one very spoiled rescue cat named Penny. She longs to visit the places she writes about and jokes she’s a cowgirl at heart stuck in Pennsylvania suburbia. Sara Walter Ellwood is a multi-published author and publishes paranormal romantic suspense under the pen name Cera duBois.
The authors will be awarding digital copies of all books on the tour to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon Impulse
In a bet between two old flames . . .
Rex Leighton dominates the boardroom by day and prowls the ballroom at night. Searching for the perfect bride to usher him into the aristocracy, he abandoned the idea of love the last time he saw the delicious May Sedgwick. But when he’s roped into a bet, where the prize is the means to fund his greatest ambition and the stakes are a marriage he’s already planning for, Rex is willing to go all in. There’s just one problem—he’s competing against the only woman he’s ever loved.
Only love can take it all
May Sedgwick could be the belle of the season . . . if she cared. She is more interested in the art studio than the marriage market and her craving to pursue her passion far outweighs her wish for a titled husband. Winning this bet will finally allow May to follow her true artistic desires. Rex losing is just a side benefit, as are his breathtaking kisses that she just can’t resist.
When May is forced to choose between the dream she never knew she wanted and the man she’s never been able to forget, Rex must convince her desire is worth a bit of danger.
Fueled by Pacific Northwest coffee and inspired by multiple viewings of every British costume drama she can get her hands on, USA Today bestselling author Christy Carlyle writes sensual historical romance set in the Victorian era. She loves heroes who struggle against all odds and heroines who are ahead of their time. A former teacher with a degree in history, she finds there’s nothing better than being able to combine her love of the past with a die-hard belief in happy endings.