A cunning Scottish lady bests an English baron of legendary control in a game of business and seduction…
Lauren Smith is back with the latest in her sexy #historicalromance series, League of Rogues, with WICKED RIVALS!
A LORD WITH LEGENDARY CONTROL…
Merciless and powerful, Ashton Lennox is a wealthy man because he puts business before everything else, especially love. As a member of the infamous League of Rogues, he’s no stranger to scandal. His bedroom conquests are as legendary as his fortune. As he searches for a way to bring down an old enemy bent on destroying the lives of his friends, the last thing he needs is a Scottish widow getting in his way.
A FIERY WOMAN WHO WON’T BACK DOWN…
The daughter of a Scottish lord with a dark and treacherous past, Rosalind Melbourne has spent years distancing from her past. After escaping her tyrannical father and marrying an aging English lord, she has become a powerful widow with a business empire at her command. Her business dealings are everything to her, leaving her no time for love. Especially not with her business rival Ashton, a man with a scandalous reputation as striking as his blue eyes.
A GAME OF WITS TURNS TO A GAME OF SEDUCTION…
Ashton is fascinated by the strong-willed, intelligent and sensual lady who, up until now, had outsmarted him at every turn. Rosalind wishes she could deny she is falling for the brooding, handsome baron. How can she possibly trust him when doing so could cost her what she values most—her freedom? When Ashton discovers Rosalind might hold the key to saving the League of Rogues, he knows he will do anything to woo his wicked lass. As their pasts return to haunt them and dark forces rise to keep them from exposing a deadly spymaster, their game of love turns to a game of survival…
Warning: This book includes a brooding baron who’s wild in bed, a crafty Scottish lass who never knows when to quit, a wicked game of strip chess, and a merry band of rogues whose first instinct is to run they hear wedding bells ring.
Available at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
Add Wicked Rivals to your GOODREADS TBR pile!
About Lauren Smith:
Amazon Best-Selling Author Lauren Smith is an attorney by day, author by night, who pens adventurous and edgy romance stories by the light of her smart phone flashlight app. She’s a native Oklahoman who lives with her three pets: a feisty chinchilla, sophisticated cat and dapper little schnauzer. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres including being an Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-Finalist and a Semi-Finalist for the Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Award.
I’m honored and excited to have Lauren on the blog today. She brought Ashton Post along for a visit. Let’s see what he has to say 🙂
Did you ever think that your life would end up being in a book?
- “I never really have thought about my life ending up in a book, but I suppose I have gotten into enough scrapes that a tale or too might be worthwhile.” Ashton chuckles as he smoothes out the cloth of his trousers.
What are your favorite scenes in your book: the action, the dialog or the romance?
- “My favorite scene…” Ashton grins devilishly. “Is where I trick Rosalind, er, that is to say, the heroine, into marrying me. She’s very competitive and I desperately wanted to woo her, but I knew she wouldn’t let me do it so easily. So I convinced her that if she played a game of chess with me, and lost, she would have to marry me.” He still grins. “I made it a game of strip chess, each time she lost a pawn, she had to remove a piece of clothing. You can only imagine what an enjoyable experience that was, and she stripped me out of my clothes too. It was only natural we ended up in bed after that.” Ashton’s cheeks are a little red, but he smiles smugly. “Best decision I ever made, to play strip chess with that Scottish lass.”
What do you like to do when you are not being actively read somewhere?
- “Well, that’s easy enough to answer, I tend to be heavily involved in my business affairs, as does my wife. It’s one of the things I love about her. She’s so like me and we have such common interests. But truth be told, of late my mind has been more preoccupied with tracking down Sir Hugo Waverly, he’s a villain you see, the one man who has set out to destroy my life and the lives of my dearest friends, The League of Rogues. I’ve lost many a sleepless night trying to anticipate his next moves so I can protect those I love.” His eyes darken and his lips purse in a firm line.
Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in?
- Ashton’s face is now very red and he rakes a hand through his ice blond hair. His blue eyes sparkle a little. “I don’t suppose any man would readily agree to admit to being pleased at being in the romance genre of literature. Lurid novels full of sensual tales and villains and loves that last a life time…On second thought, I rather like such stories. Perhaps I don’t mind after all.” He winks.
Do you like the way the book ended?
- Ashton considers this carefully. “I certainly enjoyed ending up with Rosalind, my wife, but the epilogue was rather unsettling. My friends and I were able to rescue my wife, but the villain, Sir Hugo escaped with a packet of letters we could have used to destroy him in London society. We had only one letter left and my friends and I, the League of Rogues, voted to burn the letter five to two. It was to protect my wife, you see, her father had helped the villain murder some Scottish lords who were involved in an uprising against the English and it would have ruined her life if the news of her father’s involvement came out. The League made a sacrifice for the sake of my wife and for that I’m eternally grateful, but I fear what Hugo has in store for us now that we no longer have proof of his villainy.” Ashton’s gaze turns distant as though he’s seeing the dark gloom upon the horizon and he shivers.
Lauren is giving away a $25 Gift Card to Amazon and the League of Rogues tote bag with 3 signed print books (winner’s choice) from Lauren’s backlist!