The Benefit of Writing Newsletters #WritingCommunity #Readers #amwriting

Photo by Dominika Roseclay on Pexels.com

I’m welcoming December in with a fun newsletter!

I’ve been working hard to build up quality content in my bi-weekly newsletters in order to give readers something other than a hard sell.

I’ve started a pet’s corner, a gratitude jar, something personal from me, and a couple of fun memes (garnered from Sally Cronin’s Laughter Lines).

I also do newsletter swaps highlighting books on sale or new releases, so if anyone wants to participate let me know in the comments.

Check it out and let me know what you think 🙂

By the way, in case you’re on the fence about writing a newsletter, they’re super easy with templates provided by the company you choose to use. There are many out there, but Mailerlite (the one I use) and Mailchimp are the most popular.

I always see a significant jump in sales and pages read (Kindle Unlimited) after I send out my newsletter, and I get a lot of emails from readers, as well- building connections.

You can sign up for mine here (hint, hint, lol)

It’s a great newsletter. Thanks for featuring Dot and my addition to the gratitude jar!

1. So happy you contributed, Darlene, thank you!

2. I’m all signed up, Jacquie! I fought tooth and nail when it came to setting up a newsletter, mainly because I’m technically challenged. You’re right, you do see a bump in sales, and the emails are a special bonus. 🙂

1. P.S. The comic is so me! I’m such a germaphobe and I always struggle with those bags. 🙂

1. They should come with paper edging!

1. I always feel like someone has a hidden camera on me as I struggle to open them!

1. Lol, you never know 🙂

2. Yay, thank you! The newsletter companies have worked hard to make things easier- though it still takes me an average of three hours to put one together 🙂

1. I can see why…it looks great! 🙂

You’ve put a lot of car and thoughts in these Jacquie!

1. Thanks, Sophie. I’m not quite up to your tech savvy, but I’m trying 🙂

What a great newsletter, Jacquie. I’ve preordered The SEAL’s Temptation. Can’t wait! Happy Holidays.✨🎄✨

1. Yay! Thank you, Gwen 🙂

5. Jane Ellen Owen says:

What a fabulous newsletter Jacquie. You have been busy!! Merry Christmas to you and your DH. Im grateful for wonderful authors such as yourself. I would be lost without books to read. ❤

1. Thank you, Jane! I would be lost without my books, as well (though my Kindle groans when I say that, lol)

6. Hi Jacquie I started one recently too. And agree it is the thing to do. I’d love to do newsletter swap if you’d be interested. Marje

1. You bet! My next one is Dec 18th. Let me know which book and if it’s on sale and I’ll add it in. I can go to Amazon for the cover and link, so no worries there. 🙂

1. Wonderful. Will do Jacquie and let me know any news you’d like to share too. 🙂

1. I think, since it’s the last one before Christmas, I’ll list my holiday romance, Silver Bells, as free-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N58D23M

1. Thanks Jacquie. Will add to my newsletter which will go out next weekend. 🙂

2. Thank you! It’ll be free Dec 16-20

3. Hi Jacquie, I’ve added the detail to my Newsletter which will be out this weekend. I’d love it if you could spread the news that I am offering a kindle countdown reduced price deal between Dec 13 – Dec 20th on Mr. Sagittarius and This Is Lockdown. Also Mr. Sagittarius paperback price is reduced with immediate effect: £6.99 UK and $9.29 US until 20th December. I’ve added your link to this post too and to your Newsletter sign up. x

4. Got it, Marje, thank you!

5. Thank you. I’m new to this newsletter lark and finding it difficult to be honest. I suppose I’ll get the hang of it!

6. Just say something that helps readers connect with you in some way; a little about where you live, a beloved pet, holiday traditions, anything like that 🙂

7. Thanks Jacquie, great tip! 🙂

7. As an author myself, I am open to good ideas once I can finalize my fitness book, Jacquie. I subscribed and look forward to reading your ideas and updates. And thank you for being a loyal fan and participant of my photo challenge! Thanks for the writing inspiration 😄

1. I think it’s great how writers work together to better one another 🙂
      Your photos are a bright light on my Sunday mornings ❤

Hi, Jacquie! I am in the early process of getting more consistent with creating newsletters and building my email list. It’s not easy, but it is rewarding. I’d love to connect with you!

1. Think of it like blogging, Jan. The more you do it, the more you’ll make real connections with your fanbase. Size doesn’t matter as much as growing loyal readers.
      I’d be happy to highlight your books, anytime!

Wonderful! I have you scheduled for a blog post for January 5th, but anytime from Dec 14th onward that you’d like to highlight my new book, I’d be grateful. Just let me know what you’d need! We are all in this together and I love cross-promoting!

1. Great! Send me your book info, bio, and a short excerpt along with a preferred date and I’ll get it set up, Jan.

I agree about newsletters, Jacquie. I made a lot of friends through mine. I will head over. Xo

1. I read somewhere, that next to your website, a newsletter is the most important thing you can grow as a writer. It’s a connection YOU make with your readers without needing social media to relay the message.