Snowy Days- #SundayStills #Photography

Terri Webster Schrandt is traveling to her new home this week, so the Sunday Stills Photography Challenge is hosted on Cats and Trails and Garden Tales. Stop by to see the pictures and join in here.

We don’t see a lot of snow (except from a distance!) on southern Vancouver Island, but every now and then…

The poor plants bowed under the weight of this surprise snowfall.

A bit chilly for a full-time RVer!

Pinwheel palms. The snow is so big and flaky you can see the shapes!

The trees look pretty with their dusting of white.

Sharp contrast between the blue sky and gray, snowy branches.

I’ve never seen snow roll itself up before!

This one comes from my daughter in Newfoundland. Now they get snow!

1. I love your beautiful snowy pictures! 🙂 I think we share the same weather though I’ve never seen snow roll itself up before either!

1. As the crow flies, I think Seattle is pretty close to Victoria 🙂

1. I love Victoria and can’t wait until the border opens up again! 🙂

1. Soon. We’re going to beat this thing (fingers crossed)

2. Mx. Phoebe says:

I know someone who does their yard like this…well I don’t really know them other than they used to live across the street from me. The gentleman designs and cuts out all of the Disney figures on wood and makes a huge display every holiday season. Every year he adds new characters. It’s pretty cool.

3. Carla says:

I was surprised to see all that snow Jacquie. I guess once in a blue moon. I love that picture from your daughter. I didn’t realize that you had a child living on the opposite side of the country from you.

1. Yes, we rarely get that kind of snowfall, and when we do it’s gone in a day or two. So different from Alberta where I grew up!
      She moved there three years ago to continue her studies in marine biology. We miss them so much!

1. Carla says:

I can only imagine.

4. Beautiful shots, Jacquie. The one from your daughter is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

1. Nice to be young and agile enough to climb those hills for tobogganing 🙂

Stunning photos. They made me cold and I’m heading to fix a nice hot cup of tea now. 🙂

1. Lol, tea is perfect on a chilly day 🙂

6. petespringerauthor says:

That’s some serious snowfall, Jacquie. It reminds me of where I grew up in the Dakotas.

So pretty, Jacquie:) I don’t think I’ve ever seen snow roll either. I can’t wait for our first snow.

1. It’s been a mild winter, so far 🙂

8. olganm says:

Wonderful pics, Jacquie! Here we don’t get snow very often (hardly ever), so it looks lovely. Take care!

1. Thanks, Olga. Now that we’ve moved to the island we don’t see it as much as we used to- and that’s okay, lol

9. Pink Roses says:

Lovely. Thank you.

10. Gorgeous winter wonderland pics, Jacquie! We made it to Spokane today and were welcomed to snow but clear roads! Thanks for joining Suzanne’s guest hosting if Sunday Stills!

1. I’m glad you made it safe and sound 🙂 Snowman time now!

11. Jane Ellen Owen says:

Gorgeous pics Jacquie. I too have never seen snow rolll up like this before and I was raised in the U.K. The last time I saw snow this thick was when I was in the U.K. 2 years ago. Love it as long as I dont have to go out in it every day. Lol….

1. Exactly, Jane. Beautiful from a distance 🙂

12. I love this photo your daughter sent you, Jacquie! My daughter in Portland went to play in the snow two days ago. My eight months old granddaughter had the fire sledding experience. We don’t have snow in southern CA. 🙂

1. I bet she loved that! We used to enjoy making snow angels, as well 🙂

1. How fun to make snow angels. Those memories are so precious. 🙂

13. Great shots, Jacquie 👏 Love the last shot with the fireworks 😃

1. Thank you! New Years in Newfoundland 🙂

14. I love the photo of the blue sky and snowy branches. Those always are so pretty. An cool picture from your daughter! I wouldn’t mind a little snow this year, but there are limits! Lol. Merry Christmas.

1. So true! After years of shoveling, I’m happy to put the snow ❄️ behind me, lol
      Merry Christmas 🎄 Diana!

15. markbierman says:

Wow! That is a crazy amount of snow for that area! Beautiful photos, though.

1. We grew up in Alberta’s foothills and regularly received 2-3 ft of the white stuff 🙂