Protection is safety. Until it stifles… Tortured Soul by @StaciTroilo #NewRelease #PNR #Suspense

Hi, Jacquie. Thank you so much for hosting me today.

I’m releasing Tortured Soul, the fourth and final book of the Medici Protectorate series. It is a mashup of genres, including suspense, thriller, paranormal, and romance. Because you are a romance writer, I can only assume your readers would prefer a sneak peek at the softer side of this story. To that end, I’ve chosen the following excerpt:

TS teaser 3

The statues across from the bench mocked him. A man and a woman unafraid to admit their feelings, act on their desires. Forever frozen in the throes of passion, their lust immortalized in unyielding marble.

Toni’s flesh would be soft, warm, welcoming.

Cazzo. He had to stop thinking of her that way. She wasn’t his to fantasize about.

He turned to look at her. Small droplets of water rested in her hair, on her eyelashes. A few bigger drops trailed down her cheeks, like nature itself cried for the two of them.

He’d tamp his desires down. But once in a while, he would allow himself to think of her, and he’d remember her like this. Fresh and dewy skin, a slight blush to her cheeks. The rapid rise and fall of her breasts as she fought to bank her temper—a temper riled because of him. How he’d love to see her breathless for a better reason, see her skin flush with desire.

Screw it.

Coz touched the raindrops on her cheek with the tip of his finger. He caressed her face, then cupped it in his large hand.

A tiny crinkle formed between her eyebrows as she scrunched her forehead in confusion. Rather than marring her features, it enhanced them.

She was, in a word, delectable. And he had to have a taste.

He bent his head and touched his nose to hers, kept his eyes open to see her reaction.

Her eyes widened, but she didn’t recoil, didn’t reject him.

That was all the invitation he needed.

Coz slid his hand around her head and threaded his fingers through her hair. He brushed his lips across her cheeks, kissing away raindrops. She smelled sweet—like vanilla and cinnamon, a gourmet delight for his exclusive indulgence. He watched through hooded eyelids as her cheeks pinked under his attention. The stunned expression on her face brought a smile to his own. Her eyes were still wide, her lips softly parted, and he took that as his opening.

He slid his mouth over hers, and when she sighed, slipped his tongue inside.

Just a taste…

Oh, but she offered so much more than he’d hoped for.

She met his slow pace and gentle touch with a fervency he never expected. It sparked a cyclone of emotions in him, desires and needs swirling in an unquenchable vortex of hunger, of craving.

More. He needed more.

Ah, those first few kisses of a relationship get me every time. I hope you enjoyed reading about it as much as they enjoyed… whoops, I mean, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

TS cover

Blurb:

Protection is safety. Until it stifles.

After months of clandestine battles, the Brothers of the Medici Protectorate finally know who is responsible for the assassination attempts on the Notaro family, the secret descendants of the Medici line. And they’ve never faced such a formidable foe.

Roberto Cozza–Coz–faces this new reality with surprising pragmatism. His powers may make the difference in winning their covert war–if only he can master them in time. It would just be so much easier if he could get his emotions under control, but neither his Brothers nor their charges are making things easy on him.

Toni Notaro appreciates the security provided by the Brothers, but she knows she has her own role to play–and it terrifies her. She is the missing link in Coz mastering his emerging abilities, yet she struggles to bridge the gap between what he needs and what she can offer.

As the Brotherhood hurtles inexorably toward the climactic final showdown, Coz and Toni must find the strength within themselves and each other to master the secrets of his powers, or risk death and defeat for all they hold dear.

Universal Purchase Link

Author Bio and Links:

Troilo Color Photo RT smaller

Staci Troilo writes because she has hundreds of stories in her head. She publishes because people told her she should share them. She’s a multi-genre author whose love for writing is only surpassed by her love for family and friends, and that relationship-centric focus is featured in her work.

Web | Blog | Tortured Soul Info | Medici Protectorate Info | Amazon Page | BookBub | Goodreads | TwitterOther Social Media Links

What an exquisite excerpt! Coz and Toni have fantastic chemistry and really shine in this wonderful story. So great to see it making the rounds on tour. I highly recommend it!

1. Staci Troilo says:

Thank you, Mae. Your words, as always, are so kind and much appreciated.

2. I love when writers employ the emotions into intimacy more than the physicality. This scene does that. It gave me the gooseys 🙂
      Thanks for stopping by to support Staci’s new release, Mae!

1. Staci Troilo says:

Gooseys? You’ve been watching World of Dance! lol

Thanks, Jacquie. Knowing the words hit all the notes I was hoping is the best praise I could ask for.

1. Lol, busted. It was so good last night 😊

That’s the kind of romance I like best too Jacquie!

3. Staci Troilo says:

It was so good! We’re almost at the end. They’ve cut a lot of dancers I like. I can’t wait to see who wins.

1. I thought they were hard on the juniors last night. Some were jaw-dropping good!

4. Staci Troilo says:

They were hard on the juniors. And some of them are better than the adults!

2. Joan Hall says:

Love the excerpt and look forward into delving into the pages of this one!

1. It’s on my Kindle as well, Joan 🙂
      Thanks so much for stopping by to share Staci’s new release!

3. Staci Troilo says:

Jacquie, thanks so much for hosting me today. I’m truly grateful and very glad to be here.

1. this scene… ooh, so good!
      Thanks for starting my day off right 🙂
      Best of luck, Staci.

1. Staci Troilo says:

So glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

4. Marcia says:

My favorite excerpt so far, Staci. Of course, it helps that I pictured the guy in that infamous upper right corner of your cover throughout every moment of it. Great goobley-oobly! Now I need to go for a brisk walk and think about puppies and kittens blue skies with puffy white clouds for a while. 😀 But I’ll share first!! 😀

1. Lol, I know what you mean!
      Coz is a dreamy hero. I love male POV, when it’s done right and Staci nailed it 🙂

1. Staci Troilo says:

Wow, thanks, Jacquie. That means a lot to me.

2. Staci Troilo says:

I’m glad you liked the scene. Thanks for the share. (Hope the brisk walk helped.)

1. Marcia says:

It did. I almost erased those sizzling images from my mind! And it would have worked, had I not returned here and looked at that cover again! Gleep.

5. A very nice extract from Staci’s book, Jacquie. Perfect for your blog. I have read a few other posts about this book. Congratulations to Staci.

1. Staci Troilo says:

Thanks, Robbie. It’s gratifying to know the word is getting around. And that you liked the excerpt.

2. I’m looking forward to this one! Thanks for stopping by to support Staci, she’ll be tickled pink 😊

1. Staci Troilo says:

I am, indeed, Jacquie. 😊

6. Fervency. Huh. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use that word before. I like it.
    Hope you’re enjoying your tour.

1. I loved this line: A few bigger drops trailed down her cheeks, like nature itself cried for the two of them.
      So emotive and says a lot about their relationship.
      Thanks for stopping by, Craig 🙂

1. Staci is good, no doubt.

2. Staci Troilo says:

You guys are making me blush. What lovely comments to end my day with. Thank you both. ❤

2. Staci Troilo says:

I love to throw in unusual words. Glad you liked that one, Craig. Especially since I figure this scene wasn’t really your thing.

1. Yeah, but good writing always has something to offer.

2. Staci Troilo says:

I appreciate that.

7. Another great excerpt. This novel will have something for all readers. I can’t wait to see how it ends.

1. Hi Michele,
      You sound like a Staci Troilo fan 🙂
      Do you have a favorite character from this series?
      Thanks for stopping by, I know Staci appreciates it!

1. I’m a big Staci Troilo Fan. You could say I’ve been a fan of hers since birth. (Wink, Wink). I like all of the characters including the minor characters, and even those with cameo appearances. If I had to pick a favorite, i would have to go with…Vinnie.

1. Lol, are you sisters? Yes, Vinnie is… special 🙂
          I’m kind of hooked on Coz and can’t wait to see where she going with his story.

1. Yes, we are sisters. I like Coz as well. I excited to get to the end.

1. Thanks for the mention, Staci!

8. Talk about toe-curling… (fans self) Have mercy!
    Wishing Staci huge success. Thanks for being part of the world tour, Jacquie. Hugs all around.

1. Lol, Staci paints these scenes with style. Thanks for stopping by, Teagan. I hope you had a chance to unwind this weekend 🙂

1. Not really, but I do feel I accomplished a little on the novels front. Really dreading work tomorrow, but… No choice in that.
        Wishing you a beautiful week. Hugs!