The Final Countdown- #FictioninAFlash #Challenge

This week’s Fiction in A Flash Challenge

I’ve been enjoying the many posts inspired by Soooz Burke’s wonderful prompts to the Fiction in A Flash Challenge and decided to give it a try. You can read more and join in here.

The Final Countdown

Four.

Three.

Two…

Any moment now and the final performance of my career will begin. I can’t complain, I’ve had a good run, but I wish I was more prepared.

I’ve wasted so many opportunities. Chances to live, love, create meaningful connections.

Instead, I’m here the way I’ve been most of my life- alone.

It’s not all bad though.

I’m more successful than I could have dreamed. People know my name. They cheer for me. Buy tickets to see me.

I’m famous.

I wonder if any of that will matter now.

One…

The gates open and I step through.

My afterlife begins.

Great take on the photo, Jacquie:) You captured what we’d be thinking in this moment. I’d like to know more!

1. Thanks, Denise. I hope I’m not filled with regrets when I get to the Pearly Gates 🙂

Me too xo

2. Great take on the prompt, Jacquie! I hope your character finds what he wants on the other side 😊

1. He wants what I think we all would like, Harmony- peace 🙂

3. I like that. Afterlife… Has a good sound to it.

1. I like to think we get another chance to correct our wrongs ❤

4. Soooz says:

Thanks so much for this great take on this week’s prompt, Jacqui! I’m so delighted you joined in the fun, and hope that future prompts will ignite your muse again. 😊 I’ll be featuring your post on the challenge site, shortly.

Whoa! I never saw that ending coming. Great job, Jacquie!

1. Thanks, Mae. I wanted to hop onto the challenge bandwagon with a bang, lol

You did that, LOL!

Absolutely love this, Jacquie! Bravo!

7. Joan Hall says:

I like your take on the prompt, Jacquie!

8. Everything comes to an end eventually, Jacqui. Good, bad and indifferent. An excellent piece.

1. Thank you, Robbie. I think the main thing is not to waste our time on earth 🙂

9. Sometimes, I wish we knew when the final countdown comes. Would I then start living my life as if it’s the last day? On the other hand, I also see that not knowing is a safety net. I wonder if there is a new beginning or if we simply start all over again?
    A nice piece of flash fiction, Jacquie. It got me thinking.

1. Now you’ve got ME thinking, lol. In ways, I’d like the chance to start over again and maybe correct mistakes I’ve made (and retain family ties), but a fresh start is tempting, as well. A chance to be all that I can be- so to speak 🙂

10. Jacquie, I tried to like this post several time, but it will not let me.

This was a really good one. You do feel a bit sad for the singer, but as he said, he had a great run.

1. WordPress might be having issues again. Thank you, Michele. It was fun taking part in the challenge 🙂

11. What an inspiring post, Jacquie! 🙂

1. Thank you, Miriam. I hope I don’t leave this earth with regrets. ❤

1. Just the fact that you said this, you wouldn’t. It seems like you’ve done and ate doing things you want to do. Not too much more you’ll regret. 💖

12. Soooz says:

I commented several days ago and it hasn’t appeared. I was delighted to feature this on the Challenge site. I hope my prompts ignite your muse again, Thanks for taking part, Jacquie. 😊

1. I’m talking with the WordPress engineers now, hopefully they can fix the issue.
      Thank you, Soooz! It’s nice to get away from my own WIP for a while and come up with a new concept 😊