Her eyelids fluttered. Opened.
“How are you feeling?” That question was more appropriate than interrogating her on how she came into possession of a human eyeball. He’d wait until she was fully conscious before tripping down that trail.
“Cold. So cold.” Goose bumps pimpled over her bare skin. She scooted toward where he sat on the edge of the bed, wrapping herself around his hips, seeking his body’s warmth.
He should get the heavy sleeping bag from the closet. He should cover her with it and leave the room. He should, he should, he should. He didn’t. He pulled off his boots and eased into the bed. She latched onto him before he fully reclined.
She molded herself to him. His shoulder her pillow, her arm around his middle, one of her legs draped over his thighs, her knee just a few miniscule inches from his groin. Everything vanished, except the vivid sensation of her feminine curves burrowing into him, seeking his safety, his comfort, his warmth. She was cool where he was on fire. She was soft where he couldn’t bend. She was sweet where he felt bitter.
She fit into his arms, against his body, and into his soul like she was designed especially for him. He wanted to believe he could have a happy ending with her, but his reality was a cruel, hard place where good things just didn’t happen. Or if they did, they never lasted.
MEET THE AUTHOR
- She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
- She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does—the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She’s represented by Michelle Grajkowski of 3 Seas Literary.
- Her first book RACE THE DARKNESS was a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall.
Lathan Montgomery is blessed with the ability to read people’s memories and their joy and fears through a powerful sense of smell. Often overwhelmed by the information coming at him from all directions, it’s not until he meets troubled Evanee Brown that his inner demons are laid to rest.
That is until strange things begin to happen and the danger, both past and present, threatens to Destroy the only good in Lathan’s world.
This story was complex, fascinating, and edgy. Roads use of fresh ideas and catchy phrases made this a hard-to-put-down book.
I was gifted a copy of Hunt the Dawn from Netgalley
I give Hunt the Dawn 4 lovely kisses
#HuntTheDawn (Fatal Dreams #2) by #AbbieRoads is #LIVE!
Enter to win a signed copy and a #25 Amazon gift card!