Release Day is here for Letting Go- The Defiant Sisters Duet Book 1 #WomensFic #reading

Character Study- Renée

A blogging friend of mine, Diana Peach, likes to do an introduction to her characters before the release of her books, so I thought I’d do one today for my new release, Letting Go.

Image by Shahid Shafiq from Pixabay

Renée Thomas is the most serious and oldest at twenty-one. Her sister, Izzy- Elizabeth Mae Thomas- is two and a half years younger. She’s the moody, intense one of the family. Last, but not least, is their brother Benjamin. At nearly twelve years younger than Renée, Ben is the baby they love to spoil.

As children, Renée and Izzy did everything together, climbing trees, biking, sharing clothes, and secrets. But the night of Renée’s high school graduation and Izzy’s sixteenth birthday, that changed.

Renée is betrayed by her long-time boyfriend, Simon, her sister suddenly hates her guts, and she witnesses her father’s suicide.

Unable to handle the terrible chain of events, Renée leaves town, heading to California and her accepted application to UC Berkeley.

Two years later it’s Renée’s mom who is gone and she is forced to return to face her demons.

Two years later

The town looks the same as when I left for college. The Welcome to Smuggler’s Cove, pop. 7562, sign bows with the weight of the old town’s worries on its aged wooden frame. God, I’m glad I escaped.

My second-hand SUV chugs up the hill and over the bridge. Chinook, the river named after the salmon who travel hundreds of miles to spawn in its muddy brown water, gurgles over the rocks far below. Giant rubber tubes in a rainbow of colors filled with laughing teens dot the surface. I’d joined them many times to get away from the oppression at home.

Image by Brigitte Werner from Pixabay

Home.

It’s been nearly two years since I left and would’ve been longer if I had my choice. Hard on the heels of guilt come the ever-ready tears. Fact is, while I soaked up the west coast sunshine and campus life, my little sister had taken over the reins of the house, getting my brother to school, paying the bills, and caring for Mom.

This is the story of two sisters torn apart by unspeakable horror and brought together by tragedy. Can family ties overcome the pain of betrayal?

Letting Go: The Defiant Sisters- Book 1

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3R41NWF

International: https://books2read.com/Letting-Go-Defiant-Sisters

TBR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61269995-letting-go–the-defiant-sisters-book-1

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/letting-go-the-defiant-sisters-book1-the-defiant-sisters-duet-by-jacquie-biggar

A coming-of-age novel about the pain of misconceptions and learning from them.

When life gives you lemons…

Izzy

Mom is barely in the grave and the prodigal child is here to pick the bones clean.

I don’t want her here. My sister’s defection is a wound that won’t heal and her return simply rubs at the scabs covering my heart.

I’ve managed just fine without her. She can go back to her fancy college and forget about us- that’s what she does best anyway.

If only I didn’t need her help. Or miss her so much.

Renée

The day my dad committed suicide I ran. I’ve been running ever since.

Going home is supposed to be the answer. Instead, it makes me question every thoughtless decision I’ve made.

My sister hates me. My little brother barely knows me. And Simon… is engaged.

None of it matters- or so I tell myself. I’m here to make amends and face a past haunted by regret.

As long as I can convince myself to stay.

Letting Go is a young adult romance dealing with tragedy, restitution, and love in all its aspects. The story relates to sensitive topics that may be triggering for some readers.

Reader’s Favorite Review!

Jacquie Biggar’s Letting Go deals with family tragedy, love, and restoration. Regretting her decision to run away from her past, Renee is back home to face the past and the ramifications of her decision. The narrative is told from the points of view of Izzy, Renee, and Simon, and provides readers with the innermost thoughts of the main protagonists. The author brings us into the hearts and minds of the characters as they shed their youthful innocence and become more aware adults, which makes Letting Go an intimate and emotional read. This is a story that will tug at every reader’s heart.

Enter for a $25 Amazon gift card!

a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js

1. Thanks for sharing my new release, Michael!

1. Congratulations, Jacquie! I just had read about on Jacqui Murray’s blog. As i can see the promotion is impacting the world. Best wishes, Michael

1. Thanks for the heads-up about Jacqui’s post, appreciated!

2. Huge congratulations, Jacquie! Wishing you every success. This one’s on my list, and I look forward to reading it. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs 💕🙂

1. I’m thrilled it took your interest, Harmony, thank you!

3. Congratulations, Jacquie! I’m looking forward to reading it!

1. Thank you, Jill!

4. Staci Troilo says:

Super excited, Jacquie! Congratulations!

1. Thanks, Staci! This is the fun part 🙂

5. Huge Congrats! I can’t wait to get started on the book, Jacquie. I’m sure I’ll be diving in this afternoon. And I enjoyed the sneak peek into the characters. That’s often a great hook, so I’m glad you’re giving it a try (and thanks for the shout-out, though that wasn’t necessary). Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the glow.

1. Thanks, Diana. It’s also my youngest brother’s birthday today, so it’s a double celebration!

1. Happy Birthday to the bro. (And I’m already halfway done with the book. I LOVE the characters!)

1. Oh, wow, thank you! Mikey is twelve years younger than me (like Benjamin and Renée) so I tend to treat him as my kid, which I’m sure he appreciates, lol

Congratulations, Jacquie! I added your book on Goodreads and look forward to reading it. I know I am in for a treat! Best wishes!

1. Lol, that’s what I said 🙂

7. Lady Tessa says:

Congrats! Wishing you much success, Jacquie!

1. Thank you, Tessa. The excitement never gets old, lol

8. Trailing streamer of joy and happiness in honor of your exciting news!!!

Congratulations Jacquie!!

1. Thank you, Sophie. I’m diving into the new adult pond, lol

10. Congratulations on your new release, Jacquie! Great title! I could feel the emotions already. I’ll check out your book in a moment. Have a wonderful weekend.

1. Thank you, my friend. How is the move going?

1. We withdrew three offers for different reasons ,and decided to sell first. We had the first open house last Sunday then had viewing by appoointments three days during the week. We’ll have another open house in the coming Sunday. Probably people don’t want to close escrow in 30 dys and move during the holidays. We’ll stay put and plan to stay for the winter. We could use a break before the next major task of driving through Mount Shasta! We were in a hurry and some of the things weren’t packed correctly. Several boxes collapsed on top of each other already.

1. Yes, a winter move wouldn’t be fun. Did you have some damage?

1. No, we stored most of our things in a storage unit and some on the garage. We have a few daily things in the garage when there’s an open house or request for showing.

11. Congratulations on the new release. I do like that cover.

1. Thank you, Sherry- me too!

Happy book birthday, Jacquie! I’ve got my copy and am looking forward to diving into the story.
    Wishing you much success with your latest!

1. Thanks for your ongoing support, Mae- you’re the best!

13. Hey, Jacquie. Congratulations. I love the cover and the trailer is fantastic. 🙂

1. Thank you, Marsha. The cover was created by fellow blogger Teagan Geneviene, and the book trailer by me 🙂

1. My Stars and garters, Jacquie! I guess there is nothing you can’t do and do it well. Impressive trailer. 🙂

1. iMovie made the process easy, Marsha, but thank you 🙂

14. slehan says:

Good book for Fall reading.
    Thanks for the contest.

15. Can’t wait to read this…

1. I’m hoping to start your new release soon, too!

1. Oooh, that would be fun if we read each other’s books together.

16. Congratulations on your new release and review from Readers Favorite. The video is awesome, Jacquie. Sounds like your book is off to a great start.

1. Thank you, Mary. It’s nerve-wracking, lol

17. Congrats on your new book release, Jacquie! Best wishes for its success!

1. Thank you, Terri! How was your summer road trip?

1. Long and hot, LOL! I’m glad we did it but the heat in SoCal and Arizona was over the top.

1. Yep, that would do me in, lol

18. Lisa Ellison says:

It sounds really good! Like something I would enjoy reading.

1. Thanks, Lisa. I hope you give it a try 🙂

19. Yay congratulations, Jacquie!

1. Thank you, Saania!

20. Teri Polen says:

A big congrats on the new release, Jacquie – welcome to YA!

1. Thank you, Teri. It was fun to write 🙂

21. I finished reading last night. Congratulations, you’ve got another winner on your hands;)

1. Thank you, Sandra! I’m so relieved it’s done, lol. Now, on to the next one!

22. Christy B says:

Congratulations, Jacquie! All the best to you with this new book 🙂

1. Thank you, Christy. It’s a departure from my normal genre, which was a fun challenge 🙂

23. Toni Pike says:

Congratulations, Jacquie! – it looks wonderful, and beautiful cover and images. Toni x

1. Thank you, Toni. Teagan Geneviene did a wonderful job on this cover!