On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Lainey Stratton does not fall in love with strangers she meets on vacation. It simply doesn’t make logical sense. So when Lainey meets Carter Thompson on the first day of her Caribbean vacation, she knows it could never amount to anything more than a crush. At the end of the vacation she will return to Dallas and he will return to D.C., and that will be the end of it. Well, unless he wants to join her at a friend’s destination wedding, which would be considered vacation too, right?
But when an unexpected tragedy sends Lainey’s logical world spiraling out of control, she realizes her vacation crush might be the only one who can help her pick up the pieces of her shattered life. That is, as long as she can get out of the way of her own happiness. And as long as Carter’s past doesn’t catch up with him before she gets a chance.
Why You Need to Go on Vacation – Or Read a Book – Or Both
Who loves vacation? Me too! It doesn’t matter if it’s a weekend getaway to a town nearby or a longer trip to someplace a bit farther, I love them all. My passion for travel worked its way into my book HAPPILY EVER AFTERS, which is about a couple who meet while on vacation. The rest of their story involves meeting up at the different destination weddings of each of their best friends and visiting each other in their home cities. This book has five different settings, plenty of crazy adventures, and a lot of plane rides, which was really fun to write! But it made me wonder, why do we like vacation so much?
I did a little research, and guess what I found out? Vacation isn’t just fun, it’s beneficial. Look at all the ways it can help you.
- Improve your health. Some studies have shown that going on vacation can have amazing health benefits such as lowering your chance of heart attacks and living a longer, healthier life.
- Make you more productive at work and home. Who would have thought a week of lounging by a pool could help you achieve more in your day to day life?
- Makes you feel good. Discovering new things and going on adventures can increase your levels of dopamine, the hormone that makes you feel good. Sounds like a great excuse to plan some fun!
- Relieve stress. Seriously, who doesn’t want to feel less stressed?
What do you think? Is that enough to make you start planning your next vacay? I’m right there with you! Unfortunately, my bank account doesn’t always agree with my travel desires. Can you relate?
But don’t worry. I have another way to achieve many of those same results without having to pack a suitcase. Check it out.
I did a little research into reading, too. Turns out, getting lost in a book has a lot of benefits, too.
- Reading, especially fiction, feeds your imagination which has the same effect on your brain as going on an adventure. All those things you’ve always wanted to do on vacation, read about them!
- Reading exercises your brain, increasing your concentration and productivity in your everyday life.
- Reading can relax and destress you.
Do those sound familiar? It’s the same health benefits you get from going on vacation! Interesting, huh?
So what’s the take away? Go on vacation! It’s good for you. And, read a book because it’s good for you, too. If you want to get really crazy with reaping the good stuff, try reading a book while on vacation. You’re brain and body will thank you.
About the Author
Rachel Magee wrote her first novel when she was twelve and entered it into a contest for young author/illustrators. Unfortunately, the judges weren’t impressed with her stick figures. So she dropped the dream of becoming a world famous illustrator and stuck to spinning stories. When she’s not busy working on her latest book, she loves to travel with her family and friends. By far, her favorite destination is the beach, which tends to work its way into most of her stories. Between vacations, you can find her at home in The Woodlands, TX with her wonderful husband, their two adventurous kids and a couple of spirited pets, all of whom share Rachel’s love of the ocean. Well, except the cat and dog. They’re both afraid of water. Find out more about what Rachel has been up to at rachelmageebooks.com.
It’s All About the Romance
Adventures Thru Wonderland
Hearts & Scribbles
underneath the covers
Getting Your Read On
The Bookworm Chronicles
Jorie Loves A Story
Katie’s Clean Book Collection
A Baker’s Perspective
Book Lover in Florida
Janice’s Book Reviews
Zerina Blossom’s Books
Rockin’ Book Reviews
September 30th: Grand Finale
Happily Ever Afters Prize Pack 1 (US residents only)
· Happily Ever Afters coffee mug
· Tea Sampler Pack
· Happily Ever Afters notebook
· Lilly Pulitzer pen
· ‘Vacations’ picture frame
Happily Ever Afters Prize Pack 2 (US and International residents))
· $25 Amazon e-gift card
Giveaway ends October 4th